OverviewThe Gay Village walking tour will take you to the houses, businesses, bars, and art installations where gay men and lesbians have lived, loved, partied and worked over the past 130 years in Greenwich Village, New York’s most storied neighborhood. The Gay Village walking tour includes a cast of characters that is sure to amuse, surprise and inform you, whether you are gay or straight or none of the above!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourFrom a closeted multimillionaire to a First Ladys circle of friends, to well-known and lesser-known artists, poets, photographers and musicians to New York City elected officials and political activists, the Gay Village Walking Tour includes a cast of characters that is sure to amuse, surprise and inform you, whether you are gay, straight or none of the above!
The Stonewall Riots that irrupted in late June and early July of 1969 announced to the world that Greenwich Village was the epicenter of gay life, and now it was where gay liberation was born. This was not news to the gay men and lesbians who had called The Village home for most of the 20th century. Walk in the spaces and the places that witnessed history. Discover the characters who gave Greenwich Village its character. In many cases the men and women who are highlighted on this Tour have influenced art, politics, music and literature, reaching far beyond the borders of Greenwich Village.
This is an inclusive Tour. Although its focus is the gay community of the Village, we cannot ignore the larger context in which the members of that community thrived. Village art and architecture, as well as general Village history, is included.
Inclusions for Manhattan Gay Village Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Manhattan Gay Village Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum age is 13 years
This tour must be booked at least 36 hours before the tour’s start time.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.