Enjoy a relaxed 2-hour snorkeling and walking tour at Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve in Manly, just a short hop from Sydney. This morning or afternoon tour gives both beginning and experienced snorkelers a chance to see some of the diverse marine life of Australia, launching right off the beach into calm waters with a variety of marine life. Your guide also takes your small-group, limited to 10 people, on a short walk on the headlands where you get great views of the Northern Beaches.
Know More about this tourHead to Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve, located on Sydney's northern beaches at Manly, to meet your guide and small group for your 2-hour tour.
Covering approximately 50 acres (20 hectares), Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve stretches from the southern end of Manly Beach to the northern end of Shelly Beach headland. Start your guided tour with a short nature walk on the headlands and hear informative commentary about the the region's wildlife and Australia's natural environment, along with an overview of the Aboriginal heritage and colonial history of Sydney.
After checking out the headlands, go over to the beach where you receive a safety briefing and your snorkeling gear. Your guide explains the types of marine life you are likely to see underwater, then leads you from the beach into the calm clear waters.
You can snorkel in shallow water and go deeper as you feel increased confidence. Look for fish and other critters as they swim through sea grass meadows, rocky reefs and along the sandy bottom. Your guide can assist with any questions throughout your tour.
More than 160 species of fish have been spotted in the reserve, including species that come and go, and others that rarely leave the reserve. Some of the most common species include blue groper and cuttlefish, with protected species such as seadragons, black rock cod and elegant wrasse also been found here.
With your snorkeling equipment included and the knowledge of your local guide, this 2-hour tour is a great introduction to the underwater and land-based natural world of Manly Beach.
Inclusions for Manly Snorkeling Tour And Nature Walk
- Local guide
- Snorkeling equipment
Exclusions for Manly Snorkeling Tour And Nature Walk
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear closed-toe shoes suitable for walking
Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, hat and towel
Please note: wetsuit options are available to borrow on the day of travel: rash vest, spring wetsuit (short arms and legs) and steamers (full body suit)
All participants must be able to swim 50 meters freestyle unassisted, float and tread water
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.