Manta Ray Night Snorkel Big Island Hawaii
OverviewThe Manta Ray night snorkel on the coast of Hawaii is the only place in the world that has resident Manta Rays that consistently come to feed at the same locations throughout the year. Hawaii Manta Rays have a wingspan of 4-16 feet across and can weigh up to 1000 pounds. Unlike other rays, Mantas have no teeth, stinger or barbs, so they are completely safe to be around. They are filter feeders, with plankton as their only source of food. Lights are placed in the water, which attract the plankton, which then attracts the Mantas. Along the west coast over 250 Manta Rays have been identified since 1979. The sight of these gentle giants is breathtaking and the experience of swimming with these large, peaceful creatures is exhilarating.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Small-group tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Snorkel gear included
Know More about this tourYou and your group will travel along the coast around sunset. Upon reaching the Manta Ray site your guide will give a thorough briefing about the Mantas and how to get the most out of your Manta experience while keeping yourself and the Mantas safe. Watching the Mantas in their ballet below you will be one of the absolute highlights of your life! The sheer size and gracefulness of these creatures is incredible.
After being suited up with your snorkel gear, the group will do a short swim while holding onto one large flotation board mounted with lights to the manta viewing area. Once you reach this area you will essentially hang out while holding onto the board, watching the mantas acrobatics below you. After your snorkel experience, we have snacks and beverages for you to enjoy as we travel back along the coast.
Inclusions for Manta Ray Night Snorkel Big Island Hawaii
- Snorkel equipment
- Short Wetsuits
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Manta Ray Night Snorkel Big Island Hawaii
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You will have to sign a Complete Release of Liability form prior to boarding the vessel and participating in any of the charters, no exceptions
Must be able to swim competently
Must be able to climb a ladder
Must not weigh over 275 pounds.
Must not have any neck or back injuries.
Must not have had any major surgery in the past 12 months.
Must be at least 6 years old.
Must always have children supervised by a family member in the water or on the boat.
For our Manta charters, bring a towel and a jacket or sweatshirt for after the snorkel as the ride back to the harbor can feel a little chilly.
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.