Maori Cultural Cruise Experience - Taupo
OverviewLet TAURIKURA spoil you with an amazing experience on Lake Taupo.As you cruise in complete comfort to the famous Maori Rock Carvings you will enjoy an interactive performance of traditional Maori songs and Kapa Haka. Whilst taking in the spectacular scenery, the group will share the rich history of the Tuwharetoa region.A great trip for everyone. Highlights include:Learn the poi and play traditional Maori stick gamesHeart warming performances for all agesGet your own washable Moko tattooInteraction with the performers whilst on boardYou also receive a free beverage and nibbles.
Know More about this tour
Departs every Thursday at 5pm, end of November to the end February
There are many things that you must do when you are touring New Zealand. Often you look for something unique that will encapsulate the essence of what the region holds. Chris Jolly Outdoors has done this by offering the first ever Maori Cultural Cruise Experience on Lake Taupo.
As you arrive at the Taupo Boat Harbour, you will be welcomed with a traditional Maori pohiri before boarding the boat.
Taurikura explain the importance and meaning of this cultural gesture to welcome you aboard Cruise Cat.
The two storied catamaran, then provides the ultimate venue for an interactive performance with the sensational group.
Taurikura are formed from the local Maori immersion school, with both teachers and students (who have an intimate understanding of the culture) will entertain you with local history, songs and haka.
The 90 minute tour is also an interactive experience which is fantastic for young and old alike. Taurikura will teach you how to work the poi, play traditional Maori stick games, and you can even get your own washable Moko tattoo.
This tour is a present for the heart, for you will walk away not only with the gift of experiencing Maori culture, but all who have been part of this have been uplifted on departure.
You will also receive a selection of breads with homemade dips. Full bar onboard with delicious antipasto platters available for purchase for NZ$20 (2pax) to enjoy as you take in the stunning vistas of the Lake Taupo region. What a fantastic way to top off a day spent in the Taupo district!
Inclusions for Maori Cultural Cruise Experience
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Boat cruise
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Free beverage
- Stunning views of the Maori Rock Carvings
- Enjoy an amazing vista of the Lake
- Free nibbles
- Maori Interactive games and performance
Exclusions for Maori Cultural Cruise Experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Space for pushchairs
Two toilets on board
Full bar available with food options to purchase
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.