Maras And Moray Half Day Tour - Cusco
OverviewEnjoy a fantastic 6 hour guided tour to the arqueological site of Moray and the salt mines of Maras. Moray was considered as an Inca agricultural laboratory consisting of several terraced circular depressions. The salt mines has been extracted since Inca times, and emerged by evaporating salty water from a local subterranean stream. The highly salty water emerges at a spring, a natural outlet of the underground stream.
Know More about this tour08:30 - Pick up from the hotel
Start the tour driving along the andean plateau, observe fantastic view of the Chicon mountain.
Arrival to Moray. Enjoy a guided tour, The purpose of these depressions is uncertain, but their depth, design, and orientation with respect to wind and sun creates a temperature difference of as much as 15C (27F) between the top and the bottom. It is possible that this large temperature difference was used by the Inca to study the effects of different climatic conditions on crops.
Continue the trip to the salt mines of Maras, made up of about 3000 small wells with an area average size of about 5 ms . These were already exploited since Inca times as a means of economic exchange and securities.
14:30 - Return to Cusco city and transfer to the hotel
Inclusions for Maras And Moray Half Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to theSalt mines in Maras
Exclusions for Maras And Moray Half Day Tour
- The Tourist Ticket (BTC). To know more about this Fee, please read "Additional Info".
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The TOURIST TICKET (BTC) is a mandatory fee that let you access to 16 different places in Cusco city & surrounding (museums, theaters, archaeological places, etc).It is mandatory to purchase for all visitors, some of those places are mentioned in this product such as Moray. We excluded this ticket due to the fact that it can cause misunderstood with the net rate. This is NOT valid to visit Machu Picchu.
Tourist Ticket (BTC) has the following prices: Fully-Adult-Price fee: S/ 130 (it lets you visit all places) | Partial-Adult-Route 1-Price Fee: S/ 70 (lets you visit Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, PucaPucara,Tambomachay). Partial-Adult-Route 2-Price Fee: S/ 70 (lets you visit. Museo Histrico Regional, Museo de Arte contemporneo, Museo de Arte Popular, Museo de Sitio de Qorikancha, Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo, Monumento al Inca Pachacutec). Partial-Adult-Route 3-Price Fee: S/ 70 (Lets you visit: Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray). The price could change according the local regulations.
You can purchase the Tourist Ticket (BTC) at the entrance of Moray or any place that is mentioned in the same ticket.
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rainbow Full Day
- NATURAL SALT MINES AND MORAY TERRACES TOUR FROM OLLANTAYTAMBO TO CUSCO
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in 4 Days
- Manu Reserved Zone Express 6 Days
- South Valley Tour - Half Day - Private Service
- Day Trip Adventure in the Chuquicahuana River from Cusco
- 4-Day Beer Tasting, Rafting Adventure and Machu Picchu Tour from Cusco
- Quick Trip in 3-Day: City Tour Cusco and Full-Day Trip to Machupicchu