Maribor, Ptuj, And Celje Tour From Ljubljana
OverviewThe northeast of Slovenia is a blend of fascinating nature, inspiring traditions, and vibrant history. On this day trip, you will visit three cities. Discover the history of Celje; admire Slovenias oldest town, Ptuj, with its magnificent castle; and explore the inviting city of Maribor. You'll also have the chance to taste some excellent wines from the sunny vineyards of the tajerska region.
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup from Ljubljana, head to the oldest town in Slovenia, Ptuj, located just a short drive from Maribor. The writer Tacitus mentioned it for the first time in the year 69 A.D. Numerous archaeological remains prove that the city experienced its first period of prosperity as the Roman town of Poetovio.
Ptuj is a haven for archaeological and architectural buffs. Slovenias oldest town contains historical artifacts and architecture dating back to the Roman, Medieval and Stone ages. Enjoy exploring the old town and the wonderful views of the museum and castle from above. Set beside the Drava, Ptuj is another beautiful old town that is waiting for you to explore. If you visit before the beginning of Lent, make sure to check out the mighty Kurent festival.Afterwards, you will head to the attractive city of Maribor, where you will visit the majestic Gothic Cathedral, stop by the lively main square, and discover the legends of the Franciscan Church.
Then, enjoy the chance to taste some excellent wines from the sunny vineyards of the tajerska region. You will end your day with a visit to the Zice Carthusian Monastery before being dropped off back at your hotel in Ljubljana.
Inclusions for Maribor, Ptuj, And Celje Tour From Ljubljana
- English-speaking guide
- Sightseeing tour of Maribor and Ptuj
- Entrance to ie Carthusian monastery
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Maribor, Ptuj, And Celje Tour From Ljubljana
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Ptuj castle (5/per)
- Wine tasting (6/per)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes and camera are recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for the private option
Local Contact Details:
You are required to specify the name of your hotel and contact telephone number during your stay in Slovenia. This is important information the tour operator requires in case you need to be contacted regarding changes in the tour departure times.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.