OverviewVisit Ship Cove on a morning boat cruise that explores the Marlborough Sounds, a broad network of waterways that makes up 20 percent of New Zealands coastline. Enjoy time to disembark at Ship Cove where you can see a memorial to Captain Cook, Maori wood carvings and the sheltered beach. Throughout your journey, marvel at breathtaking scenery and hear informative commentary from your knowledgeable captain about the marine life, cultural history, and natural features of this beautiful region
Know More about this tourHead to the waterfront in Picton to meet your boat. Your captain welcomes you aboard and provides a safety briefing, before you set off on your cruise through the magnificent waterways of the Marlborough Sounds. Along the way, your captain talks about the landmarks you pass, notes the inter-island ferry routes, and points out wildlife such as birds, seals and dolphins.
After about an hour of traveling through Queen Charlotte Sound, you reach Ship Cove where your boat docks. Enjoy at least 30 minutes on your own to explore this island, where Captain James Cook anchored to resupply his ship, The Endeavor, visiting several times in the late 1700s. Interactions between Cook’s crew and the local Maori people were some of the earliest contact between Maori and Europeans in New Zealand. Learn more about the natural and cultural history of the island from informative displays along the trails. You can also find a monument to Cook, a number of tall carved Maori statues, and a sheltered beach.
At the appointed time, return to your boat to cruise to Endeavor Inlet to pick up and drop off passengers that are staying in resorts around the area. From Endeavor Inlet, soak up spectacular views of the Marlborough Sounds as your boat returns to Picton, arriving after about an hour at the waterfront where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Marlborough Sounds Cruise From Picton
- Live commentary on board
- Tea and coffee
Exclusions for Marlborough Sounds Cruise From Picton
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drinks to consume on board
Closed-toe walking shoes suitable for walking are recommended
Not accessible for motorized wheelchairs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.