Marmaris Shore Excursion: Traditional Turkish Villages Private Half-Day TourWrite a Review
OverviewWhile your ship is in Marmaris, get a taste of traditional Turkish village life on this private shore excursion. With in-depth attention from your own private guide, travel through pine-covered mountains to Akyaka, a protected fishing village on the Gulf of Gkova. Admire its distinctive, pine-built Mula houses, mingle with the friendly locals, shop at a village market, and savor local homemade food and fresh fish at its rustic riverside restaurants (own expense). Afterward, visit the orange-growing village of Gke and stop for photos above Icmeler before returning to Marmaris.
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWhen your ship moors in Marmaris, meet your private guide at the port and board your private, air-conditioned minivan. Then, absorb the country views on your way to Akyaka, a pretty fishing town on the Gulf of Gkova.
After roughly 30 minutes, arrive and enjoy ample time in this seaside town where life has hardly changed for centuries. Tucked between pine-coated hills, the Gulf and the Azmak River, Akyaka is built in the traditional style of the Mula province, with pine-timbered octagonal houses adorned with hand-carved balconies framing the streets.
Admire the mountain vistas, mingle with the locals, and pass shops, restaurants and coffee houses where old men play tavla (backgammon). Check out the ornate balconies and octagonal shapes of the houses as your guide explains how new buildings in the village are required to adhere to the style.
Perhaps visit a local market, watch fishermen mending their nets on the beach, and road-test Akyakas growing foodie reputation. Head for the fish restaurants along the Azmak for lunch (own expense) to enjoy everything from delicious homemade meze to succulent fresh fish such as sea bass and red mullet.
After around 3 hours, head through forested mountains to the quaint village of Gke, famed for its orange groves. Stop for refreshments (own expense) and watch village life unfold before driving to Icmeler Bay, a resort area known for its natural springs.
Drive through Icmeler and stop at Pamucak to capture the spectacular sea and mountain views on your camera. Then, return to Marmaris where your trip ends with a drop-off at the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Marmaris cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Marmaris Shore Excursion: Traditional Turkish Villages Private Half-Day Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy
Exclusions for Marmaris Shore Excursion: Traditional Turkish Villages Private Half-Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
It is highly recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.