Maropeng Cradle Of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience - Johannesburg
OverviewThe Cradle of Humankind was declared a World Heritage Site in 1999 because of the areas exceptional contribution to our understanding of the history of humanity, over more than 3-million years. All together, there are 15 major fossil sites in the Cradle of Humankind, of which Sterkfontein Caves is the most famous.The fossils Mrs Ples and Little Foot were both discovered at the Sterkfontein Caves, as well as thousands more fossils of hominids, which are human ancestors, as well those of plants and animals.More hominid fossils have been found in the Cradle of Humankind than anywhere else on Earth.
Know More about this tourYou will never forget your visit to the Cradle of Humankind and its two visitor centres the main one packed with exciting, interactive exhibits at Maropeng, and a smaller one which is the gateway to the fascinating Sterkfontein Caves and their secrets about our past.
The Maropeng Visitor Centre is an exciting, world-class exhibition, focusing on the development of humans and our ancestors over the past few million years.
On arrival, you will see a massive burial mound called the Tumulus, which is your entrance to learning the secrets of our ancestry.
Adventure: Tour 2500m of exhibits with an underground boat ride.
Award winning: Winner of the 2008 Tourist Attraction category at the South African Tourism Welcome Awards and many others
The pick-up time for the tour will be 9:30am from the tourist hotel, with a distance 2hrs drive.
Inclusions for Maropeng Cradle Of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Maropeng Cradle Of Humankind & Sterkfontein Cave Experience
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Traditional Tribal Village Tour
- 1- Day Big -5 Safari Morning or Evening
- LION PARK DAY TOUR
- Johannesburg Constitutional hill Apartheid museum and Soweto tour
- 2 DAYS JOHANNESBURG PRETORIA APARTHEID MUSEUM AND 3DAYS KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
- Pillanisburg SAFARI and lion Park Day Tour
- Cradle of human kind and lion park tour
- Lesedi Cultural Village and Sterkfontein Caves Day Tour