Marrakech Gardens By Caleche - Marrakesh
OverviewEnjoy hearing the caleche horses walking while you explore the impressives two gardens Majorelle Garden and Menara Garden with its strong meanings that marked Marrakech beautifully.The tour include pick up from to your Hotel or Riad by a Caleche to feel this lazy tour wich is rich and so relaxing !
Know More about this tour
Explore the Garden Majorelle with its source, the son of the Art Nouveau bniste of Nancy, Louis Majorelle. Though Majorelle's gentlemanly orientalist watercolors are largely forgotten today (many are preserved in the villa's collection), the gardens he created are his creative masterpiece. The special shade of bold cobalt blue which he used extensively in the garden and its buildings is named after him, bleu Majorelle-Majorelle Blue.The garden hosts more than 15 bird species that are endemic to North Africa. It has many fountains, and a notable collection of cacti, Since 1980 the garden has been owned by Yves Saint-Laurent and Pierre Berg. After Yves Saint Laurent died in 2008 his ashes were scattered in the Majorelle Garden.It houses also the Islamic Art Museum of Marrakech, whose collection includes North African textiles from Saint-Laurent's personal collection as well as ceramics, jewelry, and paintings by Majorelle.
While continuing to The Menara Garden, "the name menara derives from the pavilion with its small green pyramid-shaped roof (menzeh), meaning lighthouse ( [manaara]). Although there is no actual lighthouse in the gardens, any building that sits at a high elevation is locally known as menara, such as the mosque Menaret manaara. The pavilion was built during the 16th century Saadi dynasty and renovated in 1869 by sultan Abderrahmane of Morocco, who used to stay here in summertime. The pavilion and basin (an artificial lake) are surrounded by orchards and olive groves. The intention of the basin was to irrigate the surrounding gardens and orchards using a sophisticated system of underground channels called a qanat. The basin is supplied with water thanks to an old hydraulic system, which conveys water from the mountains located approximately 30 km away from Marrakech. It also served as a martial station".
After theses discoveries, we will end the tour back to your hotel or riad by a passage on the outside side of the ramparts which diverts the ancient city of Marrakech.
Inclusions for Marrakech Gardens By Caleche
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Carriage or Caleche with driver
Exclusions for Marrakech Gardens By Caleche
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged XX and under
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Group 2 Days Sahara Desert Trip From Marrakech To Zagora Dunes
- 3-Day Desert Private Tour from Marrakech to Merzouga
- A half day Quad biking tour in Marrakech Palm groove and villages
- Small GroupMarrakech City Tour Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Marrakech - Ouzoud waterfalls Day Trip
- Full-Day Guided Ouarzazete and Kasbah Ksar Tour from Marrakech
- A NIGHT UNDER THE STARS with one overnight in Luxury Desert camp
- Camel ride and walking