OverviewIn this half-day small group tour, explore the city of Marseille: its old port and the historical center. Observe the Palais Longchamp (Water Castle), which was inaugurated in 1869 to bring water from the Durance river to Marseille. Climb up to the iconic basilica of Notre Dame de la Garde (usually called la Bonne MÃ¨re) that was built in Roman-Byzantine style in 1864 to replace the old chapel with the same name. There observe the fabulous view over Marseille. Finally, go to the charming Cape Croisette, before returning back to your port of cruise terminal of Marseille.
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Your guide will pick you up in the morning at Marseille cruise terminal. Start your small-group tour with the visit of the city’s historical center. Walk along the Vieux Port where are located numerous shops and restaurants while your local guide is explaining the port’s journey from a 6th century trade post to the area’s hub of maritime activity in the 19th century. From there you will go to the colonnade-lined Palais Longchamp at the terminus of the Durance river. Inaugurated in 1869 as a monument to commemorate the connection of Marseille to a new waterway network, the combination large fountain-waterfall-water tower has two wings that houses the city’s natural history museum and Musée des Beaux-Arts.
Now it's time to climb up to the iconic Basilica of Notre Dame de la Garde. Located on the foundation of an ancient fort, this building rests on the highest elevation in the city overlooking Marseille. Don't miss the opportunity of taking unforgettable pictures. Consecrated in 1864 to replace an 11th century church by the same name, the Basilica has a lower crypt built in the Romanesque style and an upper church that was built in the Neo-Byzantine style using green limestone from Florence. Finally, your last stop will be the Cape Croisette. Walk along the peninsula and enjoy the breathtaking panoramas of the Mediterranean landscapes.
When you tour finishes, your guide will drive you back to your cruise terminal in Marseille.
Inclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Small Group Tour Of Marseille
- Fuel surcharge
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Small Group Tour Of Marseille
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.