Marseille Shore Excursion: Half Day Tour Of Marseille By Electric Bike
OverviewSpecially designed for cruise passengers, this tour will show you the best of Marseille with free pick up and drop off from Marseille cruise terminal. You will see the main highlights of the city: the Mucem (museum) area, the old port, the Pharo Palace, the Vallon des Auffes, the corniche Kennedy, Notre Dame de la Garde basilica and the new Joliette district (Docks Village, Terrasses du port with a lot of shops). You will also take some alleys and places which only the inhabitants of Marseille know. And thanks to your electric bike, you will have less effort to make.
- Led by a local guide
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Your pick up and drop off will be organized and the driver will be waiting for you at your cruise arrival. After being picked-up, your tour starts from the Marseille port, in the direction of the Mucem, themuseum of European and Mediterranean civilizations open since 2013 and the event "Marseille, European Cultural Capital 2013".
After hearing few words about the region history, you will join the old port and ride around the port to go on the other side. Your stops will include the Pharo Palace where you will enjoy the view and have some commentaries on Marseille story.
You will continue by going to the "Vallon des Auffes", an old and authentic little port in Marseille.
Then, move to the Corniche Kennedy, one of the most beautiful roads in Marseille and will stop in a little creek to enjoy the sea and the nature directly in the city center.
The next step of your journey will be one of the most well-known places in Marseille, "Notre Dame de la Garde", the basilica. You will effortlessly climb up to the hill with your electric bike and enjoy a 360 view of the city, with a short visit of the basilica.
After this amazing stop, you will return to the port to visit the little district of the Panier (the "Basket"), one of the oldest in Marseille. There, you will take a break to visit this neighborhood and to have your lunch (not included).
Continue with a visit of the new Joliette district, an old industrial district which has changed since 20 years to become a new cultural district.
Finally, it is time to return at the departure point.
Inclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Half Day Tour Of Marseille By Electric Bike
- Local guide
- Use of electric bike, helmet and safety vest
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Half Day Tour Of Marseille By Electric Bike
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- No pick up from Toulon
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
You must know how to ride a bicycle as you need to pedal all the time (easily).
Riders must be more than 4,9ft (1m45) and less than 240lbs (120kg)
Children must be more than 12 years old to ride their own bicycle
Children must be accompanied by an adult
If children 10 years or younger are tall enough (4,9ft), they can ride a bicycle after their height is checked
Participants must not be afraid of riding on busy streets in close proximity with lots of cars
This tour operate only from Marseilles port
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.