Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille And Aix-en-Provence
OverviewWhen your cruise ship is in Marseilles, discover this beautiful city and Aix-en-Provence on this full-day shore excursion. Traveling by air-conditioned vehicle, you'll drive through Provence's idyllic countryside to the charming city of Aix. Stroll along the fountain-studded Cours Mirabeau boulevard; discover traditional squares and markets; and visit the last studio of Impressionist Paul Cézanne (own expense). Then, enjoy a panoramic tour of top Marseille attractions including the Basilica of Notre Dame and 11th-century Abbey of St Victor on the edge of the picturesque Old Port, before returning to your ship.
Know More about this tourDuring your cruise stop in Marseille, meet your guide at the portside and board your air-conditioned vehicle for your full-day tour of Marseille and Aix-en-Provence.
Admire the views of Provences delightful countryside as you travel to your first destination: charming Aix-en-Provence. Stretch your legs along the Cours Mirabeau, Aixs elegant main thoroughfare. View the 17th- and 18th-century mansions that flank the street, and delve into the Old Town (Vieil Aix) to see its ornate fountains and pretty squares, and perhaps stroll through a colorful street market.
Enjoy free time to explore independently, and if you wish, visit the Atelier Paul Czanne (own expense), the last studio of Aixs native son and Impressionist painter, where he created masterly works such as Les Grandes Baigneuses.
Next, return to Marseille for a panoramic tour of Frances oldest city. Stop for photos at the Notre Dame Basilica (Notre-Dame de la Garde) a hilltop 19th-century church with spectacular views over Marseilles, the Mediterranean beyond, and the Chateau dIf, the island fortress immortalized in Alexander Dumas 1844 novel The Count of Monte Cristo.
Then, follow the scenic Corniche road past sandy beaches and grand 19th-century houses, and stop by at the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor (Abbaye Saint Victor) at the entrance to the picturesque Old Port (Vieux Port). Hear about its fascinating history and how its crypt houses many tombs and saintly relics including a revered Black Madonna.
Afterward, end your shore excursion with a drop-off at the port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille And Aix-en-Provence
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille And Aix-en-Provence
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Luberon Villages
- Calanques Trilogy Electric Bike Tour from Marseille
- Private Arrival Transfer: Marseille Airport to Marseille or Aix-en-Provence
- Marseille Shore Excursion: Aix-en-Provence, Sainte-Victoire National Park and Highlights of Marseille
- Cross country E-Bike Tour of Marseille Calanques
- Full-Day Wine Tour around Aix en Provence from Marseille