OverviewDiscover the delightful cliffs, coves and villages around Marseille on this full-day shore excursion. From the port of Marseille, travel along the beautiful Route des Crtes, stopping to enjoy views over the Cte d'Azur from Cape Canailles. Explore the village of Cassis with your guide and hop aboard an optional sightseeing cruise to the fjords of the French Riviera. Back in Marseille, visit and learn about some of the city's most famous attractions, including Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, overlooking the Vieux Port (Old Port).
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks at the Marseille port, meet your guide at the cruise terminal and hop in a luxury minivan to begin your 7-hour shore excursion.
Head 45 minutes south along the picturesque Route des Crêtes toward the seaside town of Cassis. Pull over at Cape Canaille, an imposing headland perched atop high cliffs, to take in panoramic views over the Gulf of Cassis.
Arriving in Cassis, follow your guide on a stroll around the charming harbor, gazing upon the colorful, traditional Provençal houses that line the waterfront. Continue exploring by foot at your leisure, or take a 45-minute sightseeing cruise (own expense) along the Mediterranean coastline lined with calanques — stunning limestone rock formations known locally as the 'fjords of the French Riviera.'
Drive back to Marseille for a sightseeing tour with your guide. France's second-largest city and the country's largest commercial port, Marseille has a wealth of historical and architectural treasures. Perhaps most notable is Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde. Marvel at this church's impressive Neo-Byzantine architecture and gaze out over the Vieux Port (Old Port) to Château d’If — the famous fortress in Alexander Dumas’ novel, The Count of Monte Cristo.
Your guide will also take you to the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor, on the site of an ancient monastery. Learn about the abbey's religious significance as you tour the fortified stone interior. After your time here, drive back to the cruise port to conclude your shore excursion.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille And Cassis Tour
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille And Cassis Tour
- Sightseeing cruise in Cassis (optional; 16 EUR)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.