OverviewThis safari provides the most cost effective way to view wildlife in the Masai Mara in a reasonable number of days for an amazing price! You will get lots of space to take photos of the wildlife in Masai Mara.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourDay 1 Nairobi to Masai Mara:
We will pick you up in Nairobi either at your hotel or other Nairobi accommodation. Pick up time is usually 7:00 AM but this will depend on where you are staying within the city. (You are briefed on your pick up time once you confirm where you are staying in the city) Depart from Nairobi and drive to the Rift Valley View Point where you will stop and take some snaps of the sheer drop of the Rift Valley, the nearby Suswa Ranges and Mount Longonot. Descend on a winding road to the floor of the Rift Valley driving to Narok Town where you will refuel. Drive on to Masai Mara arriving at the camp in the early afternoon. You will proceed on a game drive at 3:45 PM as the mid-day heat retreats and as the sun goes down and wildlife emerges from the shade. Your driver/guide will spot wildlife and give you a close up look and details of their behavior and way of life. At 6:30 PM your game drive will end. Drive to the camp where you can have a hot water shower before dinner.
Day 2: Full day Game Drive:
Have breakfast at 6:30 AM and head out on a full day game drive in Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary where you will have the best opportunity of spotting the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant). You shall drive along the Savannah plains of the Mara crossing streams as you search for wildlife that is scattered all over the game reserve. If you fancy, you can head out to the Mara River where you will be able to view hippos in the pools and crocodiles sunbathing on the banks of the river. At 1 PM your guide will head out to a picnic spot where you can disembark from the vehicle to have your packed lunch which will have been prepared by your camp chef and packed in the vehicle as you head out in the morning. After a short rest, resume on your afternoon game drive. Drive back to camp in the late afternoon. You have the option to visit to a local Maasai village. Note gratuities are given to the Masai when you visit their village. After having a hot shower head out to the dining hall for dinner. Overnight at the camp.
Day 3: Masai Mara to Nairobi:
At 6:15 PM head out on a game drive in search of Africa’s big cats as they complete their night’s hunt or feed on their prey. You have great chances to view lions, cheetahs and leopards at this time of the morning. Have the game drive till 9 AM then head to camp for breakfast. Depart Masai Mara for Nairobi with a short stop at a curio shop where you can buy some souvenirs to remind you of a great holiday in the Mara. Head out for Nairobi with lunch en route, arriving about 16:00hrs where you can be dropped off at your hotel or Nairobi accommodation.
Inclusions for Masai Mara Camping Safari
- 2 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Masai Mara Camping Safari
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.