OverviewVolcanoes, folklore and handicrafts arent an obvious combination, but on this 5-hour guided tour youll see they go together quite well. First drive to Masaya Volcano National Park and have the opportunity to stand right on the edge of a volcanic crater. Then head to the city of Masaya to browse in the intriguing handicraft market, a spot crammed with the work of local artists and craftspeople. Learn about the history of the volcano and Masaya from your guide and leave with a souvenir or two. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your Managua hotel and drive out of town on an air-conditioned coach. First stop: Masaya Volcano National Park. This 5-hour tour combines the volcano visit with a trip to a handicraft market to give you an insight into the culture of Nicaragua.
Masaya Volcano, located about 13 miles (20 km) from Managua, is the only volcano in the Western Hemisphere where one is able to drive to the very rim of the crater. Stand at the edge, looking down at the inside of the volcano. Learn about the history of the volcano and its many eruptions from your expert local guide and at the Ecological Museum here.
Afterward, drive to the town of Masaya and visit its popular handicraft market. Taking up an entire city block, the market is the richest source of handicrafts in the country. Shop for locally made items such as hammocks, colorful baskets, folksy paintings and intricately decorated vases. You’ll also find clay ceramics and sculpted masks. When your visit at the market ends, enjoy the drive back to your hotel in Managua.
Inclusions for Masaya Volcano And Handicraft Market Day Trip From Managua
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or van
Exclusions for Masaya Volcano And Handicraft Market Day Trip From Managua
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.