Mascardi Lake Kayaking And Trekking Tour From Bariloche
OverviewExperience Patagonias natural beauty by both land and water during this trekking and kayaking tour on Mascardi Lake. With an experienced guide, youll spend a total of 1.5 hours kayaking and 1.5 hours trekking, both at a relaxed pace so you can soak up the serene, picturesque environment. Learn about the natural history of the region from your guide, have lunch on a quiet beach and hike to a small lagoon, all in one fun-filled day!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAfter pickup in Bariloche, your Patagonia hiking and trekking adventure begins with a 45-minute drive south of town to the shores of Mascardi Lake (Lago Mascardi).
Arrive at a campsite owned by the native Mapuche community, where the kayaking portion of your tour begins with a safety and instructional briefing from your guide. Then collect all of the provided gear you'll need, including a personal flotation device, dry bag, neoprene shorts and a windproof/waterproof jacket to wear over your clothes.
When you're ready, hop in your double kayak and set off on the lake, paddling toward Playa Leones, one of the prettiest beaches on any of the lakes in Nahuel Huapi National Park (Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi). Reach the secluded beach after about 45 minutes to an hour of paddling, during which youll be awed by the stunning natural setting, including the snow-capped peaks of the Patagonian Andes.
Pull your kayak up on shore, and prepare for the trekking part of your day trip. Follow your guide on a walk through the forest, listening to commentary about local plant life like the coihue tree. After about 45 minutes, reach your destination, Llum Lagoon (Laguna Llum), a small body of water that sits on the peninsula between the two branches of Mascardi Lake.
Enjoy some time to take photos and admire the scenery, and then head back to Playa Leones, where youll have lunch on the beach followed by a bit of time to relax. Lunch typically includes beef sandwiches with Gouda cheese, tomatoes and arugula; smoked trout sandwiches; or zucchini quiche with eggplant and Gorgonzola. Bottled water and salad, fresh fruit or cereal bars are also provided.
After lunch, paddle back to the point where you began kayaking and enjoy a quick snack before making the drive back to Bariloche.
Please note: Depending on the current weather conditions and/or your group's preferences about how far you want to paddle, lunch may take place at a different spot other than Playa Leones.
Inclusions for Mascardi Lake Kayaking And Trekking Tour From Bariloche
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Mascardi Lake Kayaking And Trekking Tour From Bariloche
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Operated by a multilingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Boat Trip to Victoria Island and the Arrayanes Forest
- San Martn de los Andes by The 7 Lakes Route
- Mount Tronador and the Black Glacier Day Tour
- Cerro Tronador Day Trip from Bariloche
- Lake Moreno or Lake Gutirrez Kayak Tour from Bariloche
- Llao Llao Trekking Tour with Transport from Bariloche
- Cerro Lopez Zipline Adventure from Bariloche