- Head North over the Auckland harbour bridge taking in views of the city Skyline Marinas and Waitemata Harbour. Track North through the beautiful coastal seaside resort towns of Orewa and Waiwera Mineral Springs.
- Stop in at the Puhoi Cheese Factory to taste some delicious cheeses made by this excellent producer. They make double and triple cream Brie, soft and wash rind cheeses, three different blue cheeses as well as Harvarti, Gouda, Gruyere, goat and Cow Feta and a vintage 4 year aged cheddar.
- Start your wine tasting at Ascension Vineyard. They produce locally grown varieties like Flora, Chardonnay, Viognier, Pinotage and Tannat as well as Methode Traditionelle.
- Sees a rare 850 year old Kauri tree. The wood from these ancient trees was turned in colonial New Zealand cottages , villas, mansions, churches as well as early sailing sea vessels from around 1860.. They are New Zealands most revered native tree. The oldest one in New Zealand is in the Waipoua forest dating approximately 2,500 years old.
- Next enjoy a tutored tasting and an open menu one course lunch with a glass of wine at award winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant. Try the outstanding Runner Duck Wines all produced from their local vineyards. Syrah, Pinotage and Sangiovese, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Rose wines make up the list.
- In the afternoon visit stuning Tawharanui regional park for magnificent views of Little Barrier Island, Coromandel and the Hauraki Gulf. This park is a Kiwi and rare bird sanctuary and is fully protected.
- Finally try some locally made chocolate samples from Chocolate Brown in Warkworth town. Try three different chocolate praline sample halves. This chocolate company makes an enormous range of hand made world class pralines, and fudges from curvature they source from around world.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
10am Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Details :
pick up from all Hotels, accommodations and cruise ships in the Auckland Central Business District (CBD)
Return Details :
We deliver to all Hotels, accommodations and cruise ships in the Auckland Central Business District (CBD)
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewVisit the picturesque wine region of Matakana. Just an hour north of Auckland you can see native forest and giant tree ferns. See an 850 year old Kauri tree and sample wine, chocolate and flora honeys on the way.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- A la carte lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or Port pickup
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Tour: The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland
- Early Access to The Lord of the Ring Hobbiton Movie Set from Auckland
- Food and Wine-Tasting Tour of Waiheke Island from Auckland
- Auckland Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruise
- Waitakere Ranges Wilderness Experience Eco-Tour from Auckland
- Piha and Karekare Rainforest Wine Tour from Auckland
- Small-Group Coromandel Peninsula Day Trip from Auckland
- Full-Day Waitomo and Rotorua Tour from Auckland