Matakana Coastal Getaway From Auckland
OverviewVisit the picturesque wine region of Matakana. Just an hour north of Auckland you can see native forest and giant tree ferns. See an 850 year old Kauri tree and sample wine, chocolate and flora honeys on the way.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Small group ensures personal service
- A la carte lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourHead North to the picturesque region of Matakana. A market garden, vineyard and farming region, this tour takes you through the coastal seaside resort town of Orewa and Waiwera Mineral Springs.
Start your tasting at Ascension Wines. Choose from Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Chardonnay, Flora, Pinotage and Merlot blends.
Enjoy a tutored tasting and an open menu one course lunch with tea/coffee at award winning Plume Vineyard Restaurant. Try the outstanding "Runner Duck" Wines all produced from their local vineyards. Syrah, Pinotage and Sangiovese, Pinot Gris and Rose wines make up the list.
In the afternoon enjoy a tasting at either Omaha Bay wines or Mahurangi River Wines. Try some locally made organic ice cream and then some chocolate samples in Warkworth town.
On the way home, stop to see a rare 850 year old Kauri tree and finally sample some native flora honeys at the New Zealand Honey Centre. See the bees in the wall hives and view all the excellent ranges of honey related product including chocolate, pollen, propolis, royal jelly, honey mead, skins creams and health supplements. There is plenty to take home here.
Inclusions for Matakana Coastal Getaway From Auckland
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off or Port pickup
Exclusions for Matakana Coastal Getaway From Auckland
- Personal expenses and gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.