OverviewMatera has been elected Capital of Culture 2019. This experience departs from Bari, you will be transferred to Matera by comfortable minivan and then start your walking tour from the old town with a magnificent view of the Sasso Barisano. Appreciated and visited for its stones, Matera also offers many other pearls of beauty and culture.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDepartureby minivan from Bari to Matera.
Once in Matera, start the walking tour with the knowledgeable guide. Proceed towards Piazza Pastures to visit the Sasso Caveoso, where there are narrow streets and ancient neighbourhoods. Don't miss a visit to the House cave, typically decorated, and then climb on Mount Errone, where you can find the Churches of San Giovanni in Monterrone (11th century) and Madonna De Idris (13th century).
Visit the Church of San Pietro Caveoso, with its sober faade of the 17th century. To finish your walk you can visit one of the many craft workshops to learn about products of ceramic production of Matera.
At the end of the guided tour in the Sassi, the guide will allow you to do a tasting (very inviting) of typical products such asbread of Matera, garlic bread, bagels, pastries, wine.
Inclusions for Matera Full-Day Trip From Bari
- Departure and arrival from Bari airport or train station
- Transport by minivan
- Certified guide on site
Exclusions for Matera Full-Day Trip From Bari
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Minimum age is 2 years
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.