Day 01 Flight to Matses protected reserve
Flight to the Matses reserve.This trip leaves from the peruavian airforce base.It takes approximately one hour.
Recommendations:bring the most necessary luggage in a backpack.The limit is 20 kilos and each extra kilo will be charged to the passenger. Necessary permits must be made 2 weeks in advance in order to enter into reserved area that is cared and protected by Matses.
On this day we will go very early to the farm which is the place where Matses alocate to plant and harvest of various edible vegetables. Matses don`t eat 3 or 5 times a day as in other cmmunities or cities.First meal at 9 am more or less and the second meal abput 4 or 5 pm before darkness and mosquitoes come. At night we can talk with the elders who are highly respected people as in many tribes.
Hike in primary jungle to learn how they get their food:you will learn to hunt with traps a technique they have known for thousands of years.They also will show us a COLPA that is a place with salts or special clay where many animals stop and eat this soil to help their own digestive processes. Animals licome down to eat in this place like felines,deer,wild pigs,monkeys between anothers.
This day we will build observatories to wait and see animals that pass through the place.These observatories are known as barbecues.Great chances to see jaguars.Explore deep in the jungle.
Today is aimed to learn or see how Matses make and prepare their own weapons to hunt. This weapons were used to fight against other tribes long time ago.
Know the great variety of plants that Matses use for different purposes. In fact they use plants for hunting,to heal gains different types of diseases,toward off pests that may affect their crops.
On this day witness how they use the poison of a frog to sharpen theur sensesand increase the skill in hunting. Very interesting ceremony since the Matses is the only tribe that perform this ancestral ceremony.
Optional excursion in the jungle for wildlife observation.Survival training. Farewel ceremony with the native community.
Departure to Colonia Angamos by boat. Overnight in Colonia Angamos.
Flight to Iquitos
If you choose to return by foot and boat it will take 5 more days plus a ferry or fast boat ride to Nauta and then to Iquitos by road.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 15 Days
Departure Time :
8:00 am Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this timeHotel pickups commence prior to this timeTimes are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
OverviewHighlights Authentic contact with Matses indigenous group Learn their language Know their millenary beliefs and rituals Participate in kambo ceremony (optional) Learn their way to hunt Learn how they guide by themselves deep in the jungle When we mention our brothers Matses-also known as Mayorunas-we refer to one of the last Amazonian families that preserve unaltered their language and customs.Despite the remotness and lack of comfort with Jungle Reps we differentiate ourselves by providing a unique experience of living with Matses.Promoting their culture,respecting their ways of life,we avoid being a negative impact during our coexistence with our brothers and sisters Matses on the other hand we actively participate on their daily chores. Matses are also known as the feline tribe for their unique hunting abilities.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- The listed price does not include a $X per person departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know More about this tour
Day 01 Flight to Matses protected reserve
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 02 days amazon expedition in Pacaya Samiria national reserve
- 03 days tour Pacaya Samiria national reserve with Jungle Reps
- 4 days tour-Amazon for intrepids with Jungle Reps in Pacaya Samiria reserve
- 05 days of expedition in Pacaya Samiria with Jungle Reps
- Night safari from Iquitos with Jungle Reps
- Belen See floating village and colorful market with Jungle Reps
- Native Communities Iquitos