Matterhorn glacier paradise on 12,739 ft
The Zermatt Bergbahnen takes the visitors comfortably from Zermatt up to the highest mountain station in Europe on 12âÂÂ739 ft. The highlights of the Peak Matterhorn glacier paradise: 365 days snow experience, Snow Tubing, Cinema Lounge with exciting film scenes, an observation deck with 360Â° panoramic view, worldâÂÂs highest glacier palace with ice sculptures and a restaurant with authentic Swiss and Indian dishes. (Indian Menus in summer only)
Know More about this tourEnjoy an incomparable experience at Europeâs highest mountain cableway station at an altitude of 12,739 feet (3,882 meters).
With your single return ticket, catch the green-and-yellow electric bus from the outskirts of Zermatt to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise valley base station.
Here, ride the highest mountain cableway in Europe up to this scenic area, ascending in an 8-seater gondola on the newly extended Matterhorn Express, which offersÂ direct travel from Zermatt via Furi to Trockener Steg and Schwarzsee without changes.
After a journey of roughly 45 minutes, arrive at the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise at 12,739 feet (3,882 meters), and soak up the awesome mountain scenery, with its glaciers and year-round snow.
Once here, enjoy a range of exciting experiences and attractions, from visiting the 360-degree viewing platform, cinema lounge, and underground Glacier Palace to snow tubing, all included in your entrance ticket.
Highest Viewing Platform in the Alps
Ascend further to the highest observation platform in the Alps. Take the lift to the summit built into the rock, and visit the observation deck to marvel at the 360-degree panoramas. The spectacular viewsÂ make an indelible impression on all who experience them, and encompass 38 towering Alpine peaks, including the 13,123-foot (4,000-meter) peaks of the French, Italian, and Swiss Alps, and the mighty Jungfrau in all its splendor.
The Glacier Palace
Pay a visit to the fascinating Glacier Palace, the highest of its kind in the world. Carved beneath the surface of the glacier, this stunning ice complex has been recently redesigned to give it a new look.
Ride an elevator down to 49 feet (15 meters) below the glacier surface and take in the wonder of the natural world that awaits, from bizarre ice formations and glittering ice crystalsÂ to impressive ice sculptures, a walk-through crevasse, and a thrilling ice slide â an experience that will make any heart beat faster.
Enjoy breaks on the hide-covered seats to fully take in the magical setting at your leisure. Thereâs even an event room here that offers a space for unique gatherings.
Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Restaurant: the highest restaurant built to the low-energy MINERGIE-PÂ® standard
Enjoy your choice ofÂ authentic Swiss dishes, together with an Indian menu in summer â at the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise restaurant (own expense), or spend the night at the mountaineersâ hostel (own expense).
Sustainability, energy-efficiency, and comfort are paramount here, which is why the restaurant has gained MINERGIE-PÂ® certification: the highest building in the world constructed to this standard.
Inclusions for Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Entrance Ticket
- Single Return ticket
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Green-line bus between train station - bottom station Matterhorn glacier paradise
- Entrance fee to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
- Snow tubing on top
- Cinema Lounge on top
- Elevator to the viewing platform
Exclusions for Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Entrance Ticket
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 3 years
Dress code is warm clothes
Daily operation, according to the schedule and maintenance in May and November in View additional info section
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.