OverviewLearn to kitesurf during your vacation on Maui with an expert instructor there to assist you at every step. Your lesson takes place on Kite Beach, a world renowned kitesurfing destination with options for all skill levels. Your experienced kitesurfing instructor shows you how to prepare your equipment, then launch and steer a kite safely. If you master that, proceed to learn body drags and practice on the board. Lessons are one-on-one, ensuring that you receive a customized lesson tailored to your skill level.
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the meeting point at Kite Beach in central Kahului to begin your kitesurfing lesson. The long curving sandy beach offers great conditions for kitesurfing all year round.
Your expert instructor helps you to get outfitted in the provided gear, including everything you need to operate the kite. You then receive a detailed safety briefing and gear review.
If this is your first time to fly a kite, your instructor starts the lesson by showing you how to fly a trainer kite. Then learn how to set up your equipment, an important step that can make the difference between a good or bad session.
Once you have your equipment ready, your instructor provides detailed instruction on how to fly your kite, handle emergencies on the water and other essential skills. Then learn how to launch and land a power kite and practice on the beach with the assistance of your instructor. When you master flying the kite assisted, you then fly the kite by yourself, on the beach, while your instructor holds on to the back of your harness to ensure your safety.
If you accomplish all of the above, your instructor may have you try an initial run in the water, learning body drags without the board followed by practice with the board. If you dont catch on at first, don't worry you get plenty of tips and ideas of what to work on during your next session. If you try a solo run, your instructor stays near you in the water and provides a waterproof walkie-talkie so that you can talk at any time.
Your 3-hour lesson ends on the beach after an exhilarating experience.
Inclusions for Maui Kitesurfing Lesson
- Required gear to operate kite: kites, harnesses, helmets, bar and lines, impact vests, rash guards, waterproof radios, pumps, kiteboards
- Snacks and water
- Kiteboarding lesson from personal instructor
Exclusions for Maui Kitesurfing Lesson
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be present at the start of the lesson to sign waivers for their dependent.
Every student must be comfortable in the water and must be able to swim
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking, weight requirements are between 50 and 280 lbs
To make the kiteboarding lesson fun, safe, and easy to learn, we need at least 15mph of wind. If the wind is less than 15mph, your lesson will need to be rescheduled or refunded
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.