With this admission to the Maui Ocean Center, discover the largest tropical reef aquarium in the Western Hemisphere! Unlock a magical underwater world at this impressive facility featuring more than 60 interactive exhibits. Engage your senses and gain an understanding of Hawaii's marine life as you encounter tropical reefs, fish, octopi, stingrays, jelly fish and more.
- All entrance fees included
- Ideal choice for families
- See the underwater world without getting wet
Know More about this tourYour visit to the Maui Ocean Center will be a journey of discovery through the vast, extraordinary underwater world that lies beyond Hawaii's surf-ringed shores.
Explore the marine park at your own pace and discover more than 60 interactive exhibits. All of the marine creatures you will encounter are native to Hawaii, including the coral, the fish and the plant life. The Maui Ocean Center seeks to portray the integrity of these animalsâ native habitats in order to help you develop a deeper understanding of Hawaii's seas -- one of the most unique aquatic environments on earth.
To enhance your experience, trained ocean naturalists are available to answer question and share their insights through presentations at the Living Reef, Turtle Lagoon, Hammerhead Harbor, Discovery Pool and Open Ocean exhibits.
The Living Reef
Discover how Hawaii, an island more than 2,000 miles (3,218.7 km) from any continent, has produced a unique assemblage of marine life unequaled on earth due to its isolation.
The most common sea turtle in Hawaii is the honu , or green turtle, which is named for the color of its body fat . This outdoor exhibit allows a close-up view of these marine reptiles from both above and below the water's surface.
The Discovery Pool
Constructed as an ocean rock pool, the Discovery Pool holds a variety of harmless marine animals, including sea stars, sea urchins and sea cucumbers. You are welcome to touch and handle many of the inhabitants of this display.
Sting Ray Cove
Sting Ray Cove is home to stingrays, eagle rays and occasionally juvenile hammerhead sharks. Because it's rare that rays spend much time near the water's surface, this large outdoor pool is shaded to protect their sensitive eyes.
The Open Ocean
In this âUnderwater Journeyâ exhibit, predators and prey coexist in a 750,000-gallon (2.8 million-liter) saltwater aquarium, the largest in the state. Stroll through a long, clear tunnel, which provides a 240-degree view of nearly 2,000 fish !
Inclusions for Maui Ocean Center Admission
- 1-day general admission into the Maui Ocean Center
Exclusions for Maui Ocean Center Admission
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Audio Guides (available for an additional fee)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.