Mauna Kea Voyage
OverviewEmbark on a remarkable road trip to the heavenly realm of Maunakea--the worlds tallest mountain. Traditionally the sacred home of Hawaiian deities, today Maunakea also hosts the greatest astronomical complex on earth.
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour journey from sea level to the summit uncovers the connections of Hawaiis ancient practice of navigation and the modern technological pursuit of understanding our universe. As you return from the highest point in the Pacific, youll have an opportunity to reflect on how ancient practices inform modern science to mold our understanding of the universe today. Enjoy a pre-opening tour and private star show at world famous Imiloa Astronomy Centers planetarium in Hilo.
Experience multiple climate zones as you travel through tropical rainforest to a barren, moon-like terrain. Acclimate and explore the astronomical themed exhibits at the Visitor Center. Soak in expansive views at the summit of Maunakea, amidst the worlds largest collection of research telescopes. Explore cutting edge astronomy installations at the summit including the Keck Observatory and the University of Hilo 2.2 Meter Telescope.
Inclusions for Mauna Kea Voyage
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Access fees
- Deli style lunch
- Hooded parkas
Exclusions for Mauna Kea Voyage
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 16 years
Due to the high altitude; this tour is not suitable for those with respiratory, heart or circulatory conditions, poor health, other serious medical conditions, or pregnancy
Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Guests should wear closed-toe shoes, wear or bring long pants, and a light jacket or sweater.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.