Mauritius History And Eco Tour: Ile Aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve - Blue Bay Beach - Historic Village Of Mahébourg - Naval Museum - Port Louis
OverviewThe Mauritius History and Eco Tour is a full-day excursion, including transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle with a friendly driver:Hike around the Ile aux Aigrettes nature reserve and discover the unique flora and fauna of MauritiusRelax on the white sandy beach of Blue Bay and have a dip in the beautiful lagoonDiscover the historical village of Mahbourg and visit the National History Museum of Mauritius
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve
Start your adventureat Pointe Jrome, where you will embark on a small boat that will take you across the turquoise waters to Ile aux Aigrettes: a small coralisland situated off of the southeast coastof Mauritius. The island has been a nature reserve since 1965, andis home to unique flora and fauna, that was once considered on the verge of extinction. After arrival on the island, you will meet one of the trained and knowledgeable rangers who will accompany you on a guided 1.5 to 2 hour hike around the island. As a result of the successful conservation efforts by scientists on the island, you will have the opportunity to view unique species such as the Mauritian Fody, Pink Pigeon, giant Aldabra Tortoise, and the Ornate Day Gecko in a safe and protected environment. You will also discover the original trees and vegetation that, before the arrival of man, covered Mauritius and its surrounding islands. While the hike is not strenuous, remember to bring some good walking shoes!
Blue Bay Beach
Next on the list is Blue Bay Beach:one of the most beautiful beaches inMauritius. Aptly named Blue Bay, this beach stuns visitors and locals alike with its various shades of blue. You will be able to spend some time strolling along the white sandy beach, taking a dip in the lagoon, and trying out some of the delicious street food from the various beach vendors.
Historical Village of Mahbourg
Once abusy port used by the French, the village of Mahbourg is now a quiet, laid-back coastal village, full of history and charm. During your drive through the village, you will discover the old buildings and streets, reminiscent of the colonial era.
National History Museum (Naval Museum)
Finally, you will get to discover the fascinating history of Mauritius through a collection of curated artifacts, historical documents, and maps, housed in the Gheude Castle, an old French colonial mansion, built around 1772. Please note that the museum may be closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Inclusions for Mauritius History And Eco Tour: Ile Aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve - Blue Bay Beach - Historic Village Of Mahébourg - Naval Museum
- Services of a fully licensed, qualified driver
- Air-conditioned and insured taxi, minibus or coach
- Private transfer for your group to and from your hotel
- Boat transfer for your group to and from Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve
- Entrance and visit fee for Ile aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve
- Waiting time
- Parking fees
Exclusions for Mauritius History And Eco Tour: Ile Aux Aigrettes Nature Reserve - Blue Bay Beach - Historic Village Of Mahébourg - Naval Museum
- Lunch or snacks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour lasts up to eight hours, and you will be able to choose how long you spend at each attraction. Depending on your groups speed you may not have time to see all the listed attractions. You will be able to stop for lunch but the price of the lunch is not included.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Craft Experience
- Craft Experience Guided private tour
- Saint Aubin, Bois Chri Tea Factory and Gris Gris Day Tour including Lunch
- Mahebourg Private Guided Day Tour
- Saint Aubin, Vanille Reserve Nature Park and Gris Gris Private Day Tour from Bois Cheri
- Guided Charmarel Walking Tour with Transportation
- Full-Day Private Speedboat Tour to Ile Aux Cerfs
- Full-Day Private Speedboat Cruise: East Coast of Mauritius and Otentic