Maya Adventure From Cancun: Coba Ruins, Traditional Village And Cenote Swim
OverviewExperience the old and the new of Maya culture, with a dash of adventure, on this full-day tour from Cancun. Wander the ruins of Coba, an ancient Maya city, and huff your way to the top of Nohoch Mul, the second-tallest pyramid on the Yucatn Peninsula. Visit a small Maya village, where youll feast on classic fare and receive a blessing from the local holy man. Zoom through the rain forest along ziplines, rappel down into a cenote and paddle a canoe on a lagoon. Hotel transport is included.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourRise early and board your air-conditioned transport from your Cancun or Riviera Maya hotel. Spend your morning at a Maya village, either Pac Chen or Chimuch. Both villages offer you the opportunity to see how Mayas live today and visit sites sacred to Maya culture. Part of your tour proceeds are used in the sustainable development of local Maya communities.
In Chimuch, meaning mouth of the frog in the Mayan language, youll find a traditional small village. In contrast, Pac Chen offers a mix of palm-thatched and cinder-block homes. After you meet some of the people from the village, your guide whisks you away for a series of outdoor activities in the nearby jungle.
Cenotes, or sinkholes, dot the Yucatn Peninsula, many of which provide great swimming pools, thanks to an underground water system. Hear from your guide about some of these that hold historical and religious significance, like Cenote de la Vida at the edge of Chimuch. Rappel your way down to a cenote and then enjoy a refreshing swimming break in turquoise waters.
Sail through the rain forest on two ziplines, and settle in for an easygoing canoe ride on a lagoon populated with birds. Afterward, head back to the village and participate in a blessing ceremony performed by a Maya shaman, and learn about the native plant life.
For lunch, dig into a feast of Maya cuisine: chicken prepared with Maya ingredients, vegetable soup, rice, beans, potatoes, pasta, empanadas and handmade tortillas.
Refueled, hop aboard your transport and head to the ruins of Coba, an archaeological site spanning approximately 43 square miles (70 square km). Learn about this ancient Maya civilization dating back to some time between 500 and 900 AD. During your two hours here, discover a network of roads, large stone monuments called stelae, as well as hieroglyphic texts.
Last but not least, climb the steps of Nohoch Mul Pyramid, the second-tallest Maya pyramid on the Yucatn Peninsula. Standing 140 feet (42 meters) above the rain forest floor, take in breathtaking panoramas of the surrounding jungle.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required. Depending on the days schedule, the trip to Coba may precede the visit to the Maya village.
Inclusions for Maya Adventure From Cancun: Coba Ruins, Traditional Village And Cenote Swim
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Use of towels and showers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Maya Adventure From Cancun: Coba Ruins, Traditional Village And Cenote Swim
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 6 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a swimsuit and sunscreen
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Flamingos, Mayan Temples, Rio Lagartos and Ek Balam
- Tulum Ruins and Cenote Swim from Cancun
- Ek Balam Tour Including Cenote Maya Visit from Cancun
- Private Tour: Bird Watching from Cancun
- Viator Exclusive: Chichen Itza at Your Own Pace Plus Access to Hospitality Suite
- Seabreacher Experience in Cancun