Maya Cooking Class From Panajachel
OverviewExperience the flavors of Guatemala during a cooking lesson at the Lake Atitlan Maya Kitchen. Learn how Mayan culture and Spanish colonial influences blended in perfect harmony through food. Enjoy what you've prepared afterwards!Great for those who love to cook, fine dining, gourmet food, cultural sharing, experiential travel.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Editor's Pick
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- A la carte lunch included
- Airport transfer
Know More about this tourExperience Guatemala in an authentic and personal way as you discover the flavors of Guatemala cooking at the Lake Atitlan Maya kitchen.
A 3-hour cooking class will help you understand how Mayan culture and Spanish colonial influences produced a variety of mouth-watering dishes. Classes are taught by Claudia, a local graduate of Amigos' culinary program. Youll have lots of hands-on fun learning how to prepare up to 3 authentic Guatemalan dishes during this class. Learn how to prepare traditional recipes and come away with all the skills you need to prepare them in your own kitchen.
After your lesson youll have a sufficient amount of the prepared food to feed your family or other group members. Youll take home a printed copy of the recipes as well. The instructor will demonstrate the preparation of each recipe with explanations so youll have a complete understanding of the ingredients and the process.
All proceeds support the community of Santa Cruz La Laguna through the local nonprofit Amigos de Santa Cruz which runs education and economic empowerment programs.
Private classes can be arranged for individuals, in addition to the shared classes for small groups. The Mayan cooks in the program are native to Lake Atitlan, and they carry on the rich traditions and culture that are expressed in the food.
Note that the instructors speak English or Spanish, or a little of both.
Inclusions for Maya Cooking Class From Panajachel
- Gourmet lunch, that you help preparing
- Instruction and the opportunity to enjoy the dishes you prepare
- A printed copy of the recipes you prepared
Exclusions for Maya Cooking Class From Panajachel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.