Mayan Chocolate Making In Belmopan - Belize City
OverviewThis tour is a great opportunity for those looking for something the entire family can do. It is asustainable, eco-friendly, vegan, Mayan grown and processed chocolate experience. You will spend time with indigenous Belize Maya's as they describe and demonstrate their chocolate making skills passed down from generation to generation for thousands of years.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Ideal choice for families
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- A la carte lunch included
Know More about this tourYou will begin the tour the Lamanai chocolate cabana where two Mayan ladies will introduce themselves wearing their beautiful traditional Mayan clothes. They will begin by roasting cacao beans on a traditional kamal that is still used in many of their homes. This part of the tour takes anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour depending on the amount of interaction with the ladies.
After roasting the cacao seed they will crushthem on the two thousand year old Maya grinding stone. Nextthey will demonstrate the winnowing process. This process is done by dropping the crushed beans on front of a fan to blow the shells away. Often they use bowls to move the crushed seeds back and forth to ensure all the seeds are shelled. Then the seedis put back on the stone and ground into a high quality liqueur.
The final step is to cook the liqueur in water until it is fully dissolved. Once dissolved we can add organic sugar and cream making the chocolate that was developed for taste and healing by the Mayan people.
Inclusions for Mayan Chocolate Making In Belmopan
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food tasting
- Local guide
Exclusions for Mayan Chocolate Making In Belmopan
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.