Take a journey back in time with our guides on the Mdina Tour, admiring the magnificent palazzos and churches in the city’s unique mix of medieval and baroque styles, as well as the spectacular panoramas from the high bastion walls. You will learn about the colourful history of Mdina and the many sieges it endured, offering shelter and protection to the Maltese population against the frequent pirate attacks; and hear the story of how the Maltese uprising against the French in 1798 started.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Mdina, once the capital city of Malta, has had many names throughout its history, but its medieval name describes it best - ‘Città Notabile': the noble city. Built on a plateau in the centre of the island, its Baroque cathedral and magnificent bastions dominate the skyline. A stroll through its narrow streets, which have changed little in the last 1,000 years, is a must for any visitor to Malta.
The area occupied by Mdina has been inhabited since at least the Bronze Age. The Phoenicians and Romans established their own settlements here, but the modern name and layout of the city reflect Arab rule, before the Normans firmly established it as the country's capital. Although the construction of Valletta lessened its importance, a strong earthquake in 1693 led to reconstruction, and a revival of the city. Since that time, Mdina has changed very little.
You'll be walking past the most notable sites in Mdina:
St. Agatha’s Chapel
The Banca Giuratale
The Mdina Cathedral
The Carmelite Church and Priory
Palazzo Santa Sofia
...and much more!
Inclusions for Mdina Small-Group Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Mdina Small-Group Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.