OverviewTake pleasure in Medellns culinary landscape as you visit local restaurants with an expert guide. On this 4-hour food tour, visit neighborhood venues and savor a range of gastronomic specialties. Whether you choose breakfast, lunch or dinner, youll feast upon Colombian favorites like bandeja Paisa (beans, rice, ground beef, fried plantain and pork rinds) or arepa (flat bread made from corn). Delight your taste buds with these delicious local dishes!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourEmbark on your culinary adventure by air-conditioned vehicle after hotel pickup. Your friendly guide will introduce you to Colombia’s traditional local cuisine at a variety of popular spots. En route, hear descriptions of typical plates and then visit well-regarded local restaurants with your small group.
Your guide translates and explains the menu, offering plenty of time to experience the regional flavors and hear about local customs. Discover the culinary delights of Medellín as you taste favorite dishes, including snack and desserts, along with one beverage included with your food.
Depending on which option you select, try a traditional mid-morning or mid-afternoon plate, such as empanadas, pan de yuca (yucca bread) or the omnipresent arepa, flat bread made from various types of corn. Somewhat bland when eaten by itself, it can transform into a tasty treat when stuffed with meat or cheese, or eaten with eggs for breakfast. (Add a little butter and honey and you have a delicious alternative to toast!) Bandeja Paisa, mondongo (tripe stew) or ajiaco (chicken stew) may be some of the delectable dishes on offer for dinner.
For dessert you might taste buñuelos (fried dough balls), natilla (custard), salpicon de frutas (fruit cocktail), fresas con crema (strawberries and cream), bocadillos (guava-paste sweets) or merengon (meringue). Entertain your own child-like curiosity with a sticky confection called oblea, made of two thin pastry wafers filled with cheese and arequipe (milk, sugar and baking soda) – delicious!
Medellín offers everything from fast food and pizza joints to elegant, high-end dining, and your guide provides insight on all of the city's gastronomic offerings. You’ll be taken to 4 different venues the locals prefer, but your guide can point out fancier international restaurants if you’d like a recommendation. Your small-group tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Medellín Food Tour
- Local bilingual guide
- 1 beverage
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner (depending on option selected)
- Visit to 4 different venues for option selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Medellín Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.