Medellin Metro Tour - Medellín
OverviewThis tour travels by Metro or Cable Metro and will let us make stops at certain locations that show the evolution of Medellin as a global city. Experience a completely new and improved city, boasting the only metro system of the country, a symbol of the Paisa desire to excel and bring quality of life to locals. The system has been bringing service for a couple of decades already. Discover how this magnificent transportation system integrates main cultural icons of the city with the highest technology in order to incorporate amazing structures like the cable car or the recently added Tranvía (LRT) in downtown.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOnce our bilingual driver has met you at the hotel or the location you have suggested, the tour heads north on a customized journey by an air conditioned car.
First stop takes place at downtown to contemplate the 23 statues donated by our most popular local artist Fernando Botero. At Botero Plaza, there is enough free time to walk around and take the best postcard pictures so just get ready to discover the rest of Medellin and enjoy the only metro system in Colombia.
Along the way we will find convenient facilities to grab snacks at any time. It is recommended to bring cash (Colombian pesos) since not every store takes credit or debit cards. After the guided visit, our local guide will wait for you for at least 15 minutes before we go on to the next stop at The Botanical Garden where you will experience the most amazing variety of local flowers, birds and butterflies.
After a few minutes of a pleasant walk around The Botanic Garden, the tour gets back on the Metro train to continue to the amazing library of Santo Domingo Savio. A donation from the kings of Spain in order to improve the quality of life in this comuna. Feel free to check out this modern library or just keep going up towards the very top of the mountain.
This is a fascinating experience that not only shows the real Medellin, but also provides amazing views when moving from the urban area to the other side of the mountain to visit the natural reserve of Parque Arv. Just fly over the three tops and enjoy the pleasant scenario of the country side.
After approximately 4-hour of this fantastic journey around the only metro in Colombia, you should be already familiar with this very innovative city and main cultural icons as your private driver/guide takes you back to your hotel or any other location you feel like.
Inclusions for Medellin Metro Tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Medellin Metro Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please note: single travelers may book, but must pay for 2 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Las Palmas Culinary Adventure from Medellin
- Medellin City Private Tour
- Express Coffee Farm Experience
- San Francisco Day Trip from Medelln: Chocolate Tour and Workshop
- Private Tour: Medellin Coffee Experience and Workshop
- Private Tour: Medelln Tango Experience Including Lunch
- Medelln Helicopter Flight with Optional City Tour
- Medelln Local Food and Flower Markets Tour