OverviewTravel back in time to the days of Medicean Florence with admission to the 1-hour Medici Dynasty Show. The multimedia show takes place inside the former Convent of Fuligno, and traces the life and impact of the Medici family — the de facto Florentine rulers during the Renaissance period. See their story through the eyes of the last of their dynasty, the dying Grand Duke Gian Gastone and his sister Anna Maria Luisa, and discover how the family turned Florence into a Renaissance treasure through music and immersive special effects.
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the venue of the Medici Dynasty Show, the Convent of Fuligno (close to the Medici Chapels), originally a Clarissan nuns house and nowadays a splendid Baroque Church. Show your entrance ticket and step inside to enjoy the multimedia show.
With video projections, digital animations, music and theatrical performances, the show brings the Medici family — rulers from the 14th to the 18th centuries — back to vivid life through the eyes of the dying Grand Duke Gian Gastone and his sister Anna Maria Luisa in 1737.
Take your seat to enjoy the rousing classical music, and rewind some 300 years as you see a reenactment of Anna Maria Luisa visiting her brother’s deathbed in Florence’s Palazzo Pitti, the Medici family seat.
Using digital recreations and cinematic flashbacks, the show continues by outlining the pivotal moments of the Medicis’ rule. Learn about famous Florentine figures such as the Grand Duke Cosimo I and immerse yourself in the opulence of the Medici court. Discover how the family sponsored the great artists of the Renaissance, like Michelangelo, thus sparking a cultural movement that would envelop Europe.
Your experience finishes when the 1-hour show ends.
Inclusions for Medici Dynasty Show In Florence
- Entrance ticket
Exclusions for Medici Dynasty Show In Florence
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.