Medici - Master Of Florence - Visit All The Places Where The Series Was Filmed
OverviewPrivate Tour - Medici Master of Florence Visit all the places inFlorencewhere the seriesMedici Masters of Florencewas filmed and find out what is true in the characters played byDustin Hoffman, Richard Madden, Annabel Sholey...What you will findMeet your Private Guide directly at your address in the city center of FlorenceThe tour starts fromPiazza Signoriaconsidered an "open air museum" where you will discover that each statue of the square hides a deeper meaning related to members of theMedici family.Discover how theMedici familyrevolutionized the world, defying the common mentality and allowing art and science to inaugurate a new era:the Renaissance.
Know More about this tourAdmire the masterpieces of artists working atthe Medici courtsuch asBrunelleschi, Donatello, Botticelli, Michelangeloand many others...You will visit thePalazzo Vecchio?s courtyardand you will appreciatethe Tower of Arnolfowhere Cosimo the Elder was imprisoned; then we will stroll along theDante Alighieridistrict and arrive inPiazza del Duomowhere you will discover the incredible story of the construction ofBrunelleschi's Dome and the Cathedral.
We will enter the Cathedral where you will admire the largest frescoed surface in the world (3,600 square meters), magnificent work ofGiorgio Vasari and Federico Zuccari. In front ofSt John's Baptistery-where Cosimo de' Medici used to pray- our local guide will explain to you the scenes of theGates of Paradise, a masterpiece by Lorenzo Ghiberti.
We will go along the ancient "Via Larga" up toPalazzo Medici the first Renaissance palace in Florence, private home of the Medici family for nearly two centuries. You will visit the enchantingMagi Chapel, a jewel box of mid 1400?s byBenozzo Gozzoli. Walking through the garden of the palace we will discover the Antiquarium and finally, we will reach theChurch of San Lorenzointhe Medici District.
On enteringSan Lorenzowe will admire the architecture of the church, the Old Sacristy byBrunelleschiand the pulpits byDonatello, will see the tomb of Cosimo the Elder by Verrocchio.
We will finish our tour in theMedici Chapels, the place where all the members of the family were buried, which houses the "Treasure of St. Lorenzo" that we will admire before visiting the New Sacristy, the last work inFlorence made by Michelangelo Buonarroti.
Inclusions for Medici - Master Of Florence - Visit All The Places Where The Series Was Filmed
- Private Guide Walking Tour (3 hrs)
Exclusions for Medici - Master Of Florence - Visit All The Places Where The Series Was Filmed
- Tickets entrance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Meet your guide directly at your address (we suggest you at 9:30 am)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour