Medieval Florence Evening Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover the sights and stories of medieval Florence a time of scandal and intrigue and see the citys showstopping attractions alongside lesser-known palazzos on a 2-hour evening walking tour. Hear of the Medici family dynasty who ruled the city for centuries and learn of the fierce political rivalries and love stories that set medieval tongues wagging. Your tour includes sites like Palazzo di Bianca Cappello, as well as the Ponte Vecchio and Piazza Signoria, before finishing up at one of the citys best gelaterias!
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the center of town and set off on a walking tour, learning about the city in medieval times the era that shaped Florence and laid the foundations for its golden age Renaissance. An affluent time for the city, the Medieval ages, saw Florence as one of Europes leading commercial centers; but with its wealth came power struggles and cut-throat business dealings, which in turn led to it becoming one of the citys (arguably) most interesting times.
As you walk around the cobbled streets and piazzas with your guide, hear of the scandals that stigmatized the city during the Middle Ages, and of the Medici family around whom the scandals invariably centered. See Palazzo di Bianca Cappello, built by the Grand Duke Cosimo Medici for his mistress, and hear about the couples mysterious deaths brought to light only recently through the use of modern technology.
Pass Palazzo Strozzi, a majestic building created from rusticated stone, and learn how it was built for one of the main rivals of the Medicis the Strozzi family. Continue strolling along Florentine streets etched with history and see Palazzo di Parte Guelfa, a lavish palace that another political rival the Guelph family made their headquarters.
Alongside the sights of medieval Florence, your tour also takes in some of Florences A-list attractions. Walk from Piazza Signoria (the hub of medieval Florence), passing the Uffizi Gallery and then marvel at the nighttime reflections of the River Arno from the Ponte Vecchio Florences iconic bridge. As you admire the sights, your guide will regale you with some of the lesser-known stories about them, leaving you snippets of intrigue about this oh-so-charismatic city.
Stop at one of the citys leading gelaterias, and after choosing from a wide selection of flavors, finish your night just as the Florentines do strolling through the romantic streets with a refreshing gelato. Your tour ends at Ponte Santa Trinit in the center of town.
Inclusions for Medieval Florence Evening Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Medieval Florence Evening Walking Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Not suggested for strollers or baby carriages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.