Medieval Florence Tour
OverviewThanks to this private tour and a professional guide you will live the medieval atmosphereof one of the most powerful city in the XIVth century, you will meet the famous poet Dante and the lifestyle in the Middle Age!
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Popular choice with kids
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThroughPiazza del Duomowith its Cathedral, the Baptistery and the Bell Tower and Signoria Square, dominated by the imposing Palazzo Vecchio -there is the Dante District, with itshouse, church, oratory, alleys, tower and medieval gossip.
You will discover the lifestyle of a famous and rich man of the XIVth century. In the late Middle Ages, the overwhelming majority of poetry was written in Latin, and therefore accessible only to affluent and educated audiences.He himself would even write in the Tuscan dialect for works such as the Divine Comedy. After a fast Italian lesson, you will visit Orsanmichele Church.
Itwas originally built as a grain market in 1337, but between 1380 and 1404, it was converted into a church used as the chapel of Florence's powerful craft and trade guilds. Then they were charged by the city to commission statues of their patron saints to embellish the facades of the church.
This tour will finish witha stop inPalazzo Davanzati, first architectural example of medieval house built by a richfamily of merchants: from the courtyard inside to the private rooms with some extraordinaryfrescoes, it will be a step back in time.
Inclusions for Medieval Florence Tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Medieval Florence Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Florence Shopping Tour to Gucci and Prada Outlet
- Viator Exclusive: Early Access to the Accademia Gallery in Florence with Breakfast
- Florence Cheese and Wine Tasting
- Cooking Lesson: From The Market To The Table in Florence
- Florence Walking Tour: Oltrarno Art and Crafts
- Chianti Half-Day Trip with Traditional Tuscan Dinner and Wine Pairing from Florence