Medieval Paris Private Tour
OverviewWhat was Paris like 800 years ago? Travel back to the early days of Paris on a private 2-hour walking tour of its medieval monuments. Learn the history of the city in the Middle Ages at sites such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, and one of Europes oldest and most famous universities, La Sorbonne.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourJourney back to the Paris of the Middle Ages as you meet your private guide for your historical walking tour, beginning outside Notre-Dame Cathedral, perhaps the most important monument to medieval Paris.
Stroll past landmarks such as the Hotel de Cluny,a former mansion of Cluny abbots that is now the Museum of the Middle Ages, listening to your guide tell you about the culture, art, and architecture of this period while you admire faades that retain their medieval symbols. Wander the Latin Quarter to see where medieval times live on today, head to the Sorbonne to see one of Europes oldest universities, and marvel at the Flamboyant Gothic design of St-Jacques Tower, all that remains of the 16th-century Church of St-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie.
Learn about the mercantile history of Les Halles, and see the oldest intact fountain in Paris at the Fontaine des Innocents (Fountain of the Innocents). You will even hear the surprising connection that the ultra-modern Centre Pompidou has to the Middle Ages.
Inclusions for Medieval Paris Private Tour
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Medieval Paris Private Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Villages Bike Tour
- Paris Cooking Class: Desserts and Pastries
- Walking Tour with Breakfast : Legends of Old Paris
- Paris Evening Quest Game on Segway
- Winemaking Workshop in Paris
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 1-Hour Sightseeing River Cruise on Seine
- Bus'n'boat Paris Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music