Medieval Tour In Transylvania From Bucharest
OverviewTransylvania, a set of valleys and mountain peaks in the Northwest of Romania, is perhaps one of the most popular places in the world for the legends and mysteries surrounding his paths. Defined by the writer Bram Stoker as the most mysterious place in Europe, it is the ideal destination for those who want to experience the charm of nature and picturesque medieval landscapes without sacrificing the evocative power of the legend of Count Dracula.In this tour you will enjoy the Monasteries of Curtea de Arges and Cozia. Discover the place where Dracula was born, at Sighisoara, visit the city of Sibiu, European capital of Culture in 2007, discover Dracula's Castle at Bran, royal Castle of Peles and the beautiful city of Brasov.
- Dinner included
- Hotel pickup included
- Fully narrated tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourDay 1: Bucharest Monastery Cozia Sibiu - Sighisoara (370 km)
Meet your guide in your hotel lobby at 8am. Depart for the visit the Monastery of Cozia one of the most important examples of medieval art in Romania. Arrive in Sibiu, one of the most beautiful medieval cities of Romania, by late morning. After lunch, visit Sibiu, a magical city steeped in an atmosphere of another era, which in 2007 was the European cultural capital. During your city tour, cross the old streets to admire the main monuments, such as Bruckenthal Palace built in the Baroc style in the late eighteenth century, the Lies Bridge built over a road that connects the lower town and the upper town, the Cathedral of Saxons, the Catholic Cathedral and the main squares of the city.
Next, head to Sighisoara, fortress city also a Unesco monument, which retains its medieval center on the hill of the fortification. Here and also born Vlad Tepes, more known as Count Dracula. Have dinner in a medieval atmosphere in the birthplace of Vlad Dracula (at your own expense): Restaurant Vlad Dracula and overnight in a 3-star medieval hotel in the citadel center.
Day 2: Sighisoara - Brasov - Bran (Dracula's) Castle - Peles Castle - Bucharest (330 km)
In the morning depart to Brasov, the city called Kronstadt the city of the crown, where you will take a walking tour of the historical center, enriched by particular civil and religious buildings, such as the Black Church, the largest Gothic church in Romania, the Council House from the fifteenth century, the Gates Schei and Ecaterina.
Next, head to the famous Bran Castle (Draculas Castle) built between 1377 and 1382 on a large rock. The castle owes its fame to the legend associated with the figure of Vlad Tepes. After the visit of Dracula's Castle, have lunch in a restaurant with a view of Bran Castle (own expense).
Depart to Sinaia, where you will be visiting the Peles Castle, considered among the most beautiful in Europe. Stained-glass windows with scenes from German fairy tales, chandeliers in Murano glass, fine wood carvings and gold or leather-panelled walls of Cordoba, Sevre porcelain and ivory carvings are completing the picture of the favourite residence of the royal family and especially of Queen Elizabeth. Peles Castle may be considered the castle of Records: was the first building of its kind to have since the construction of central heating and elevator in the hall of the theater commissioned by Queen was presented for the first time in Romania a film film. Arrive back in Bucharest in the afternoon of your final day.
Inclusions for Medieval Tour In Transylvania From Bucharest
- Overnight accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Medieval Tour In Transylvania From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Discover Dracula's Tomb and Mogosoaia Palace - Private Tour outside Bucharest
- 2-Day Halloween Party in Sighisoara Citadel from Bucharest
- 2-Day Halloween Tour with Halloween Party at the Bran Castle from Bucharest
- 6-Day Romania Adventure Tour from Bucharest: Peles Castle, Bran Castle, Horse Riding, Off-Roading and River-Rafting
- Transylvania and Dracula Castle Full-Day Tour
- Full-Day Royal Castles and Champagne Tasting Tour from Bucharest
- Private Day Trip to Dracula's Castle from Bucharest
- Three Castles in Transylvania Private Day Trip from Bucharest