Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Split
OverviewCross the border into Bosnia and Herzegovina for this enlightening day trip from Split to Medjugorje and Mostar. Traveling in an air-conditioned coach with a knowledgeable guide, head to the pilgrimage town of Medjugorje, where apparitions of the Virgin Mary have been reported. Make the most of free time to climb Apparition Hill, visit St James Church or unwind in the Garden of Contemplation. Then, continue to the multicultural town of Mostar, where youll see sights like the Mosque of Mostar on a walking tour. Entrance fees not included.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourIn the early morning, meet your guide on the Riva Splits main promenade and then hop inside an air-conditioned coach and relax on the 3-hour journey to Medjugorje, a charming town in Bosnia and Herzegovina. As you travel, hear from your guide how Medjugorje has been an important Catholic pilgrimage site since 1981, when apparitions of the Virgin Mary were reported.
On arrival, enjoy around three hours of free time to do as much, or as little, as you wish. Perhaps stretch your legs with a walk up Apparition Hill, where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared. The impressive cross on the hills summit makes the challenging climb well worth it. Depending on timing, attend a service at St James Church, recharge with lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), or relax and soak up the tranquility in the Garden of Contemplation.
When the time comes, join back up with your guide and continue to Mostar, around an hour away. Here, set off on foot to explore with your guide.
See the Old Bridge a 16th-century bridge that was destroyed in the 1990s Bosnian war, but rebuilt in 2004 to symbolize unity between the towns Muslims and Croats and learn how the UNESCO-listed town has long been a mix of cultures and religions. Visit the Mosque of Mostar (own expense) and the towns famous Turkish House (own expense). Then, make the most of 1.5 hours of free time to spend as you wish.
With your appetite sated, return to your coach and travel back to Split, where your day trip concludes at the original start point.
Inclusions for Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Split
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Split
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel as the tour crosses the border between Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina
Please wear comfortable clothes
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.