Pick-up Time: between 8:30am - 09:00am at hotels located in District 1; and drive 1,5 hours to M Tho. We will stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, we board a motor-boat and cruise along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River, including four famous islands Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix.
- Stop at one of the floating fish houses, in nets and wire baskets under their house, the villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp - a major export product of the region.
- Cross the River to the other side, you will stop at a traditional workshop to witness a step-by-step process on how to make coconut candy, honey farming while trying some yourself and listening to traditional music.
- Enjoy what local people offer by hand rowing a sampan along the shady, breezy canal. We will transfer to local transportation called Xe Li to travel throughout the villages.
- Lunch will be served at a riverside restaurant with a Vietnamese 5-course set menu. Please request in advance if you have a food allergy, you are a vegetarian, or you observe Halal.
- Take a rest after lunch before boarding the motor-boat back to M Tho. We drive to Vnh Trng pagoda, an ancient southern architectural gem built in the middle of the 19th century. There are many Buddha statues including some that are over a hundred years old.
We drive another 1,5 hours back to H Ch Minh city and drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 on request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.