From USD 32
OverviewTravel to the heart of the Mekong Delta on this small group adventure tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Board a private long tail boat and experience the diversity of the Mekong waterways first hand as you explore fish farms and exotic fruit farms.
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourDrive for 2.5 hours and arrive at the city of My Tho by air-conditioned mini coach. A former naval base, My Tho is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the Mekong River which winds its way through Tibet, China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and finally Vietnam.
An incredibly fertile region, its prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Life for villagers in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta. People are more likely to transport by river than by road.
Upon arrival into My Tho you'll board a private boat and cruise along the Mekong River. Your local guide will take you to visit an island with lush tropical gardens where you'll sample tropical fruit. Continue to another island in the Mekong Delta and learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a coconut candy factory and explain the process of making this sweet.
You'll also have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Continue by Xe Loi (motorized cart) to a bee farm where you'll transfer to a smaller rowing boat allowing you to get deeper into the smaller canals of the Delta.
Sample local Mekong cuisine at the Diem Phuong Restaurant. After lunch you'll return to My Tho for the journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Inclusions for Mekong Delta Discovery Small Group Guided Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (District 1 hotels only)
- Transfer by air-conditioned van/bus
- English-speaking tour guide
- Motor boat and row boat ride
- Entrance fee
- Tropical fruits, honey tea, coconut candy
- Bottle of mineral water
Exclusions for Mekong Delta Discovery Small Group Guided Tour From Ho Chi Minh City
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.