- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Days
Departure Time :
Between 7:30am and 8am
Departure Details :
Ho Chi Minh City
Return Details :
Tour concludes in Ho Chi Minh City around 5:30pm on Day 2
Cancellation Policy :
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewTake this chance to experience the peaceful life of the Mekong Delta on a 2-day tour from Ho Chi Minh City. Stay at a local home and join the daily activities of residents, including gardening chores such as plucking fruit, taking care of the orchards, and cooking a meal. You will also check out the floating market of Cai Be, see ancient houses and traditional handicraft workshops, and listen to n ca ti t, Vietnamese music included on UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage list. By the end of the tour, you'll have gained insight into the cultural values and Mekong lifestyle of the local people.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
Know More about this tour
Your tour starts with a transfer from downtown Ho Chi Minh City to the Cai Be district in the morning. Arriving in Cai Be, you will be welcomed by your host and invited to enjoy some fresh fruits before embarking on a boat ride to Cai be floating market and traditional handicraft villages. Talk with the vendors on their boats, if you wish, and then head to your home stay on Tan Phong Island for check-in and lunch.
In the afternoon, your local host leads you to his orchards, where you can learn how to take care of the garden and pluck ripe fruit, just like your host does every day. Then visit the vegetable garden and gather veggies for your dinner, which you'll prepare for yourself with the help of your host.
Overnight: Home stay
Day 2: Mekong Homestay Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Wake up early to enjoy the fresh air of the Mekong region and take a stroll around your home stay before returning for breakfast. After breakfast, join a bicycle tour around Tan Phong Island to visit the traditional handicraft workshops, where goods like handbags, rice paper, and wooden tables and chairs are made.
Then return to the home stay for check-out before midday. Hop aboard a small boat for the transfer back to the Cai Be tourist boat wharf, from where you will be driven back to Ho Chi Minh City, arriving in the early evening.
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
Welcome drink and local fruit
1 night of accommodation
Vietnamese luncheon with local people
Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults