Melbourne Shore Excursion: Healesville Sanctuary And Puffing Billy Steam Train
OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks in Melbourne, youll be picked up at the port and taken inland to check out the Healesville Sanctuary and the Puffing Billy Stream Train. At the wildlife sanctuary, youll meet Australias native animals including koalas, kangaroos, monitor lizards and dingos. Then head to the Puffing Billy Stream Train for a ride through the rainforest on the century-old steam train. Small-group tour limited to 24 people ensures a more personalized experience.
Know More about this tourYoull be met by your guide at Port Melbourne and driven by comfortable air-conditioned coach about one hour through the Dandenong Ranges, known for cool-climate rainforest and extensive Eucalyptus forests.
First youll visit the Healesville Sanctuary, one of the best places in Victoria to see and interact with native Australian wildlife. Youll walk with your guide through a stunning bushland setting where you can see wombats, birds of prey, platypus, wallabies and other amazing animals that are native to Australia. Hear about the Sanctuarys efforts to fight wildlife extinction and commitment to treating more than 2,000 sick and injured native animals each year.
After seeing the animals, take a break for a typical Aussie barbecue lunch of locally sourced sausages served with a variety of toppings. Once you have enjoyed the food and hospitality, youll reboard your coach and head to the Puffing Billy Steam Train in Belgrave.
Climb aboard the century-old steam train, maintained in mint condition by dedicated volunteers. The Puffing Billy still runs on its own mountain track between Belgrave and Gembrook, through the heart of the rainforest. Travel back in time as you chug through the gorgeous Sherbrooke Forest waving at friendly bystanders as you go.
In the late afternoon youll be returned to your ship in Melbourne to end your tour.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Melbourne port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Melbourne Shore Excursion: Healesville Sanctuary And Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Barbecue lunch
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Melbourne Shore Excursion: Healesville Sanctuary And Puffing Billy Steam Train
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Not wheelchair accessible
Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 24 people
Minimum age is 4 years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Great Ocean Road Sunset Tour from Melbourne
- Melbourne CBD to Melbourne International and Domestic Airport Shuttle
- Savannah Walkabout Australian Animals Eco Tour from Melbourne
- Ballarat and Sovereign Hill Day Tour with Optional Wildlife Park from Melbourne
- Melbourne Super Saver: Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island plus Melbourne Attraction Pass
- Taste of Melbourne Walking Tour