Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Tour From Juneau
OverviewWhile visiting Juneau, get up close to Alaskas impressive Mendenhall Glacier on this exciting 3.5-hour rafting tour. Sit back and have fun as your guide paddles you through Class II and III rapids at the foot of the glacier. While you float down the 6 -mile (9.6-km) route, take in the amazing sights of the glacier, the sheer mountains and the abundant wildlife. No rafting experience is required, and this tour is suitable for the whole family.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free snacks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourHold on for a safe and exhilarating river-rafting experience on this Mendenhall Glacier rafting tour from Juneau! As you travel at the foot of the spectacular Mendenhall Glacier, youll be awed by views of towering mountains, forests and wildlife.
Your tour begins with a scenic drive up Mendenhall Valley. When you reach the shore of Mendenhall Lake, don protective raingear and a lifejacket, and board your raft. Each raft holds up to 12 and is rowed by an experienced guide. If youre looking for a hands-on experience, you may join a paddle-raft team.
Glide across the iceberg-studded lake, marveling at the 1.5-mile-wide (2.4 km) glacier, and set course downstream on a connected river. The 6-mile (9.6-km) route combines winding stretches of water with Class II and III whitewater rapids. The rapids are perfectly safe exciting for beginners and experienced rafters, and appropriate for all ages.
During the journey, encounter river features such as Tourist Trap, Moon Flats and Pin Ball Alley. Watch for the photographer on shore who will snap your picture, capturing the thrill of your adventure. The raft lasts approx. 1.5 to 2 hours.
When the river feeds into the lake and the rapids end, soak in the views of the riverbank, lush forests and 7,000-foot (2,134-meter) mountains rising above the valley floor. Learn about the natural history of the river, and keep your eyes open for bald eagles, birds nesting in rocky cliffs, black bears, otters and seals, and salmon during spawning season.
At the finish point, celebrate with an Alaskan-style snack and toast your adventure with a cup of Marthas Mendenhall Madness (a strong wine cocktail) or hot cider. You can purchase the action photo of yourself as a lasting memento of a trip youll never forget.
Inclusions for Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Tour From Juneau
- 3.5-hour rafting tour from Juneau
- 1.5-2 hours on the water
- Professional guide
- All equipment: raingear, lifejacket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Tour From Juneau
- Souvenir photo
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jackets
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Juneau Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching Excursion
- Juneau Whale Watching and Salmon Bake Combo
- Mendenhall Glacier View Sea Kayaking
- Whale Watching and King Crab Station
- Whale Watching, Mendenhall Glacier, and Tracy's King Crab Shack Combo Tour
- Whale Watching and Tracys King Crab Combo
- Whale Watch and Mendenhall Glacier Combo Tour
- Juneau Whale Watching Tour