Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure - Anchorage
OverviewPaddle across Mendenhall Lake, navigating past icebergs, surrounded by Alaskan wildlife on an exceptionally stable, 28-foot, traditional Tlingit-style canoe, with all modern safety gear supplied. Venture within a safe distance of the awe-inspiring face of the Mendenhall Glacier and the beautiful Nugget Falls where you will hit the beach and refuel for the return paddle with an Alaskan-style snack. Due to the close approach to the glacier face, the Forest Service tightly controls the number of participants. Be one of the lucky few to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small-group tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Be among the select few, under a limited U.S. Forest Service permit, to travel by canoe for an unprecedented experience near the face of the majestic Mendenhall Glacier.
Paddle across Mendenhall Lake,navigating past icebergs, surrounded by one of the richest samplings of Alaskan wildlife youll find anywhere. Birds including arctic terns nest on the shoreline, and eagles, goats, salmon and bears may be seen. Then, venture within a safe distance of the massive, awe-inspiring face of the living Mendenhall Glacier. Grab a thrill ride by skirting the base of beautiful and powerful Nugget Falls where you will head ashore to refuel with a snack of Alaskan-style fare for the return.
Youll make your trip in a traditional Tlingit-style canoe, an exceptionally stable 28-foot watercraft, with all modern safety gear supplied. Because of the close approach to the glacier face, the Forest Service tightly controls the number of participants. Be one of the lucky few to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure.
Inclusions for Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Full raingear provided (pants/jacket/boots)
Exclusions for Mendenhall Lake Canoe Adventure
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenirs available for purchase
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
Children 13 to 17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate without a parent or guardian
Minimum weight: 40lbs
Maximum weight: approx 350lbs.
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.