OverviewEnjoy the Mendoza regions spectacular Andean scenery during a moderate trekking tour with an experienced guide. On a 4- to 5-hour hike through the Cordn del Plata, a Uco Valley range in the foothills of the Andes, youll discover native plants and animals like condors, foxes and llamas. An Argentine breakfast at the Quebrada del Condor (Condors Gorge) and a barbecue lunch on the mountain are included. This trek is limited to 12 participants, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
- Close encounter with wildlife
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup in the city of Mendoza, leave the city behind for the 2-hour drive to Quebrada del Condor. During the drive, pass through the village of Potrerillos and stop by a panoramic viewpoint called the Mirador de la Hoyada.
When you arrive at the gorge, get ready for your trek with a traditional Argentine breakfast of regional pastries, and listen to a quick introduction and safety briefing about your hike. Then set off with your guide, starting your trek at the foot of the Cordn del Plata, an Andean mountain range in the Uco Valley.
Your total trekking time is 4 to 5 hours, depending on the pace of your group. As you walk, marvel at the beautiful alpine landscape of snowcapped peaks, and keep an eye out for local wildlife like hares, llamas, foxes and, of course, Andean condors, which are among the largest flying land birds in the western hemisphere.
Take a break to enjoy a cup of mate, a popular South American drink made from yerba mate leaves steeped in hot water. Then continue following your guide who will point out interesting plants and help you spot animals all the way up to a viewpoint that sits 9,185 feet (2,800 meters) above sea level. Rest your legs for a bit and snap some photos before heading back down the mountain.
During the hike, enjoy an authentic Argentine barbecue lunch known as an asado, which will give you the energy you need to finish trekking. Your adventure ends with drop-off back in Mendoza.
Inclusions for Mendoza Trekking Tour In The Cordón Del Plata With Argentine Asado Lunch
- Professional guide
- Typical Argentine breakfast with regional pastries
- Mate (local tea-like drink) offered in the middle of the trek
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Mendoza Trekking Tour In The Cordón Del Plata With Argentine Asado Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum age is 12 years
It is recommended that you wear good hiking/trekking shoes and comfortable clothing; bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and water
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country are required at time of booking for all participants
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.