Merida City Sightseeing Tour
OverviewMerida was founded by the Spanish Francisco de Montejo on January 6, 1542, when the Mayan Indians had a large city known as T'ho. On this city tour, you'll see important landmarks and learn more about this important city in the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Enjoy the best of Merida, founded by the Spanish Francisco de Montejo as you travel aboard a colorful bus and see its main landmarks. Your tour starts at a central location from where you'll head to visit the main sights. See the Cathedral, located in the socket which is also Casa de Montejo, pass by the Government Palace and visit the Town Hall.
Learn all about the white city of Merida as you drive through its main avenue Paseo de Montejo, which has its colonial buildings like the Palace and Canton, a beautiful monument to the country. Your bus has a panoramic view and you'll enjoy guided commentary on board to make the most out of your ride.
Inclusions for Merida City Sightseeing Tour
- Transportation by colorful bus
- City tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Merida City Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Note: Please advise your desired departure time at time of booking. Available times are: 10am,1pm, 4pm and 7pm from Monday to Saturday and 1pm or 3pm on Sundays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Puuc Route and Loltun Caves Day Trip from Merida
- Viator Exclusive: Chichen Itza at Your Own Pace from Merida with Access to Hospitality Suite
- Day Trip to Celestun: Flamingos, Mangrove Boat Ride and Tampeten Petrified Forest
- Shared Departure Transfer: Hotel to Merida Airport
- Private Arrival Transfer: Merida Airport to Hotels
- Merida Cantinas Walking Tour