Merzouga Experience Nomad People Behind Sand Dunes Erg Chebbi - Ouarzazate
OverviewThis day trip is perfect if you arrive in Merzouga by bus or camper van and would like to make the most of your stay in this desert city. On this tour, you will visit all the highlights of the area on a full-day tour with a comfortable 4x4 car.
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your lodge or camping site in a spacious and comfortable 4x4 car to start your visit to the area around Merzouga in the land of the Ait Khebbach tribe.
Visit the people in the village of Khamlia and enjoy their music and dance. Have the opportunity to try their instruments and learn to play some desert music on your own.
Cross desert plateaus far away from concrete roads and visit a Berber family in their tent for lunch. You can learn how they live in their tents with goats, sheep and working donkeys. Learn how to prepare a Berber pizza on the fire and enjoy the meal at their home.
Afterwards, catch a 4x4 gravel road to the Lake of Merzouga (also named Lake Tamezguida) which appears seasonally from November to May during the rainy season in the Middle Atlas. It is the best spot to observe desert birds and sometimes even flamingos. Return to your accomodation in Merzouga in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Merzouga Experience Nomad People Behind Sand Dunes Erg Chebbi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Merzouga Experience Nomad People Behind Sand Dunes Erg Chebbi
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Guided Quad Tour - Camping in Berber Land
- 3-Day Guided Quad Tour - Lake Ifni Trek in Atlas with Home stay
- 12-Day Guided Quad Tour - Complete South Morocco
- 2-Days Guided Quad Tour - Saffron and Traditional Carpet
- Private Day Trip Ouarzazate to Dades Gorges via Rose Valley
- Oasis & desert
- 1-hour Guided Quad Tour of Ait Ben Haddou