OverviewThis tour is a great chance to admire the monuments at the historical center of an ancient city, Messina, on the Ionian coast. The Cathedral Square, the Catalani's Church, the Sanctuary of Christ the King and the Church of Montalto, will be explained to you during the tour with all the distinctive traits.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourHop aboard your air-conditioned bus in Messina’s Cathedral Square or at the port terminal, then travel in comfort through the streets as your guide brings this coastal city’s history to life.
Admire the striking bell tower, home to the world's largest astronomical clock, and visit the Church of the Annunziata dei Catalani — a fine example of 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture.
Continue on to the Church of Montalto and the Sanctuary of Christ the King, and listen as your guide sheds light on the region’s colorful local myth and folklore.
During your tour, explore winding roads along the Ionian coast and gaze out over the UNESCO–listed Cape of Peloro, where traditional fishing boats bob on the calm waters. Afterward, return to your original departure point where your tour will come to an end.
Lunch with one drink is included.
Inclusions for Messina City Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Live commentary on board
- Walking tour
- Lunch (pasta or pizza with one drink)
- Tourist train/Open top-bus
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products
Exclusions for Messina City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Infant meals
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
Infant meals not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.