Messina Segway Tour
OverviewGet to know Messina on a self-balancing electric Segway! With little effort and lots of fun, glide around the wide boulevards with a guide, learning all about the city on a 3-hour tour. While Messina’s modern streets don’t hint at any history, don’t be fooled, for Messina has a rich past that begs to be discovered. Hear tales of the city in its heyday before the famous 1908 earthquake struck, and see the lavish Messina Duomo, as well as vibrant squares lined with Neo-Classical palaces.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly guide at Catalani Church in the center of Messina, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll weave through the modern streets of Messina, following your guide at a steady pace.
Glide across to Piazza Cairoli, the commercial center of the town, and weave through the throngs of locals going about their day-to-day business to Piazza Pugliatti, where Messina’s Court of Justice and University can be found. Pass along the wide and sweeping boulevards that are so typical of Messina and head toward Piazza Duomo – the city’s crowd-drawing square.
Circle around the marble-carved Fountain of Orion and hop off your Segway for photos in front of Messina Duomo – one of Sicily's finest cathedrals. Having been rebuilt several times since the 12th century, little remains of the original building but you’ll find its beautiful façade to be a visual delight. Marvel at its Norman-style architecture and gaze upward to see its famous astronomical clock; it’s said to be the world’s largest.
Continue to the Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani – a lovely Arab-Norman church – and pass alongside some of the city’s finer Baroque fountains. See a monument to Don Juan of Austria – who liberated the city from the Turks in the 16th century, and then swing past the Neo-Classical palaces of Piazza Antonello.
Start to work your way back to the start point, passing San Francesco d’Assisi – a lovely medieval church -- and weaving through the tree-lined paths in Messina’s public park. Visit Piazza Unità d'Italia to see Montorsoli’s Fountain of Neptune and the Palace of the Government before returning to Catalani Church.
Inclusions for Messina Segway Tour
- Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Exclusions for Messina Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required on "Group Tour" option
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.