Messina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
OverviewSee the sights of Messina on a self-balancing electric Segway on this exciting 3-hour shore excursion! After leaving the Port of Messina, glide around the wide boulevards with a guide, learning all about the city on a 3-hour tour. While Messina’s modern streets don’t hint at any history, don’t be fooled, for Messina has a rich past that begs to be discovered. Hear tales of the city in its heyday before the famous 1908 earthquake struck, see beautiful Messina Duomo and explore bustling squares lined with Neo-Classical palaces.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLeave your cruise ship at the Port of Messina, and head into town to meet your friendly guide near Catalani Church. Start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway; once you feel comfortable, you’ll weave through the modern streets of Messina, following your guide at a steady pace.
Glide across to Piazza Cairoli, the commercial center of the town, and weave through the throngs of locals going about their day-to-day business to Piazza Pugliatti, where Messina’s Court of Justice and University can be found. Pass along the wide and sweeping boulevards that are so typical of Messina and head toward Piazza Duomo – the city’s crowd-drawing square.
Circle around the marble-carved Fountain of Orion and hop off your Segway for photos in front of Messina Duomo – one of Sicily's finest cathedrals. Having been rebuilt several times since the 12th century, little remains of the original building but you’ll find its beautiful façade to be a visual delight. Marvel at its Norman-style architecture and gaze upward to see its famous astronomical clock; it’s said to be the world’s largest.
Continue to the Church of Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani – a lovely Arab-Norman church – and pass alongside some of the city’s finer Baroque fountains. See a monument to Don Juan of Austria – who liberated the city from the Turks in the 16th century, and then swing past the Neo-Classical palaces of Piazza Antonello.
Start to work your way back to the start point, passing San Francesco d’Assisi – a lovely medieval church -- and weaving through the tree-lined paths in Messina’s public park. Visit Piazza Unità d'Italia to see Montorsoli’s Fountain of Neptune and the Palace of the Government before returning to Catalani Church.
This excursion is located within a 5-minute walk of the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Messina. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Inclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of Segway and helmet
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Exclusions for Messina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for "Group Tour" option
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer - Cairo Airport Arrivals Hall to Hotel
- Cheong Fatt Tze George Town Penang: The Blue Mansion Guided Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport